Home Farm Series

AndyB

I am fairly sure that this may have been covered before but cant find the topic.  I am more or less aware of the range of 'Home Farm' series releases ie. the tractors, in and around the late 80's and early 90's.  However there are/were animal/figure releases too.  Could someone with greater knowlege than me, enlighten me as to the complete range or where I can find out the info.  Reason being i saw 2 E27Ns and a few other 'Home Farm' sets today and wonder how extensive the releases were.  Also a rough idea on value would be tip top!!

Thanks in advance  ;)

Be good if this can be added to the previous postd from 2007 as per PDH's post. Anyway, values of the tractors and the Land Rover have not moved a lot in the last 2 years. The D.B. 900 seems to be the more readily found one and the rest very much harder now. The 'Home Farm' ones in the same series are quite common and can be found in toy fairs for around the £40 mark or less. These were in dark green boxes with a pictorial paper label on the lid harking back in style to the original home farm stuff. They are very nice sets, extremely good detail and heavy solid lead/cast. Apparently these sets were very poor sellers because of the hefty price of them and not too many shops actually stocked them. I have a few of the sets but am still looking to find the rest to complete my collection of them.

I have 5 tractors, the Land Rover, the Dairy set, Mill, Forge. Tumbrell, Plough  and the other sets (cannot rermember all the titles) -15 boxes in all which my husband bought.

The were expensive in the first place as they were aimed at the collectors market and built accordingly. They are lovely models and finer cast than the older toys.

The Fergie and Fordson tractors are currently  being offered for sale on some websites at £100+.

If I remember right, the figures and animals were made for Britians by H & M, who had previously marketed many of them under their own brand (a lot of them through Brian Holmes).  I can't remember the name of the firm that made the E27N and Ferguson, but I think they were the same people who made the military vehicles for the William Britain 'Premier' series.