britains silage fork

nick henton

Question

hi guys me again

I've just bought the Britain's jcb farm master i would like to improve the silage fork because as i was taking it out of the box one of the spikes broke off >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:( i was thinking about using nails just wondered if anybody has made an improvement to this and what materials have been used

thanks guys

nick

19 answers to this question

hi Murray

thanks for that mate do you have any pictures of the graipe

regards nick

no sorry shes away at the  cousins down the line, all i did was cut the top rail from it, and made the to folding bits myself, added 2 rams and painted it got another britains one here so i might make another one!

could try brass rod of the same diameter, just drill them all out through the main bar and refit the brass into the holes, would be stronger then

the tines and the graipe are to different pieces Sean, the tines are glued onto a strip then its glues to graipe i think!

if its only plastic then they would just break away( as nicks found) if so just drill inot the grape where they break off?? the whole thing is plasitc i take it,

yeah but it seems such a waste when you can just get a small screw driver to pry it of them add a plastic strip to build the it back up again then re drill it  ;)

it is they are very flimsy i would have said they are even more flimsy than the buck rake that Britain's made if i can make the tines stronger then i will be happy with that

regards nick

my ones seem to be holding up ok  :-\  i nice look will be to get some tubing just bigger than the tynes but sharpen the ends make them look real heavy industrial tines  8)