Scottish National Tractor Show - Lanark 25 & 26 September 2010

BC

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting these pics Brian, looks like a good day out.

That 3350 is looking lovely  8)

Other eyecatchers for me are the Ford 4600 and the 135 + fibreglass cab and of course the JD 4055.

Good to see some displays of nice models too - fine lot of Deeres in that collection  :)

the 3350 deere was absolutly mint, there was a full set of fords on display inside, 2000 up to 7000 in various variations they were to jammed into the penned area to get any decent photo`s, there was a good display of models and all the deere1s are the collection of kevin stewart from dumfries, hes got an excellent collection

Was at the show yesterday and met up with BC and Toolbox Tam in the afternoon for a blether, and to lighten my wallet at the G&M stand.  An entertaining enough day, but I didn't think there were anywhere near as many exhibits as in previous years, especially inside, and the continued use of the cattle pens is diabolical for viewing.

Still, good to meet up with a couple of FTF members!

Was at the show yesterday and met up with BC and Toolbox Tam in the afternoon for a blether, and to lighten my wallet at the G&M stand.  An entertaining enough day, but I didn't think there were anywhere near as many exhibits as in previous years, especially inside, and the continued use of the cattle pens is diabolical for viewing.

james i agree with you the displays in the penns were all that tight togeter that you couldnt get decent pictures or in to view the tractors properly, it was a shame to see the models crammed together when so much time and effort from their owners to get them all into prestine condition. in overall i enjoyed the day but wouldnt rush back due to the interior layout

Yes it was nice to meet up with you and Iain again James. In addition I spent a rather nice evening at Iain's house seeing his workshop and garage and his collection of Britains. I don't think I have seen so many boxes of conversions at various stages. Iain says when he gets stuck or fed up on one he moves on to another ;) ;)

i met up with bc yesterday at lanark and he will have photo`s to put up as well, so watch for the updates

Nice to meet up again Brian and nice photos. I took over 200 over the two days but that included the sale tractors and 50 odd lorries today. I will get around to posting up ( excluding any you have covered) over the coming week.

Today it was nice to met up with Damian and Hazel again and  I left for home around 2.45pm and was home by 5.45pm. I bought 20 models over the weekend so tomorrow  I need to get those examined, photographed, catalogued  and boxed up for the loft. Local Aberdeen holiday tomorrow so a day off work ;) ;)

Thanks for sharing some great photos Brian, I think the County would have to be my pick, closely followed by the 4055, for the oldtimers I would have the mint looking IH B414, I can see the layout is compromised by the pens, I cant see it being a huge effort to move them I would have thought most would just unbolt or lift out the ground, at worst you would still have the odd post left in but it would make it a much more usable area, the flip side to the tractors being inside is you would still be able to enjoy them if the weather turned foul, which it usually does.