Slurry Umbilical System

Having had a few requests to build these,ive recently been working on 3 x GREENLAND IRRIGATION SYSTEMS slurry umbilical systems.Mainly brass construction. Ive done 2 x big systems which consists of front and rear reels and hydraulic fold down dribble booms and 1 x rear reel only and non folding down dribble booms..I still have a bit to do to them but here,s some pictures of the progress.

post-1779-13263926614_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639266149_thumb.jpg

i also brought along this unpainted version so as people could see the work involved in the building of this model......Ill get more pics up soon of the system folded out etc very soon..........Ive also a lot of new models made which i will now be saving to the forthcoming moira show which ill be including in my diarama

post-1779-132639266461_thumb.jpg

thanks.....the yard to field pumps will be made this week and the other 2 systems will be finished and painted,just been working at them today so ill get more pictures soon...........i didnt think id have it ready in time for portrush and kept myself late that morning finishing it so thats why the 3 were,nt along together

brass is painstakingly slow to work with and expensive to buy,but it lets me go anywhere i want with complex builds.in the case of this system the brass has given the whole model immense strenght which i always aim for but its frustrating asa everything has to be spotless working with solder

• 2 weeks later...

my umbical system as can be seen from early picture is mainly of brass construction.the model is very strong and built for years of use and enjoyment..but care will be needed from customers of this system when reeling and unreeling the hose as it requires patience and respect for such a model....i thought i important to point this out as its far from a toy