some of my construction machinery

Thought it was about time i put some pictures of my collection of plant and machinery any comments are always welcome

two cranes and manito telehandler

photos184.jpg

some lorries in the mix and a CAT 580B tree harvester

photos183.jpg

carmix mixer and pipelayer

photos182.jpg

couple of bulldozers the new holland i got last year from SED on the dealer stand and not forgetting the JCB rubber duck

photos181.jpg

photos180.jpg

these are landfill machines i used to drive the CAT version of the liebherr and also the 836H compactor some more to follow very shortly

photos179.jpg

sorry about that i hit post by accident

my big deere loading shovel

photos178.jpg

some quarry machines

photos177.jpg

some of the excavators in my collection

photos176.jpg

couple of material handler excavators and the JCB 50th anniversary set and the new holland loading shovel is a limited edition james bond also from the dealer stand at SED

photos175.jpg

close up of the big siku crane and the manitou

photos174.jpg

commets welcome

Very fine array of construction equipment you've assembled there Nick, the big John Deere loading shovel looks very impressive. I have a small request too Nick, any chance of some close up photographs of the Liebherr 634 please?  8)

of course mate no problem

final few of the Deere

underside at back the propshafts actually turn im not sure if you can see but there is a secondary propshaft going from the engine to the torque converter

photos196.jpg

front axal propshaft

photos197.jpg

articulation area

photos198.jpg

comments welcome

Nick

Here you go David photos as requested

photos199.jpg

from the side

photos200.jpg

ripper down

photos201.jpg

from the back

photos202.jpg

bucket up to its limit

photos204.jpg

from the front

photos205.jpg

even the tracks are sprung loaded

photos206.jpg

the model itself is made by Conrad and is quite heavy for its size hope you like the pictures

Nick

My god Nick that is some model mate... many many thanks for the pictures... I am well impressed with that buddy.. she's a beauty.

Who makes that ???

Its made by ertl mate its one of the "gold coin" editions everything that can be metal is theres very little plastic on it its very well made and very very heavy

Thank you for posting those Nick, appreciated. As much for my Dad's keen interest in construction equipment along with mine too. He's been a plant operator for the best part of forty years and i've just about got him convinced to start collecting a few models himself. Thanks for those. :)

He's driven quite a variety of machines over the years many of which I have posted in this thread of mine:

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,25662.135.html

My Dad has operated quite a few tracked loaders in the past and worked on a couple of big landfill sites last year but is currently in charge of Volvo EC140 excavator for a local building firm.

theres some old kit on that thread David ive driven the A25 and A35 ADTs old shapes and new shapes during the 3 1/2 years when i was on the landfills that landfill at scunthorpe was that winterton by any chance? because if it was its owned by the company i used to work for WRG mind i dont know if it was when your dad was there but im eager to get back into big plant and machinery i wish i had never left it to be honest as i used to enjoy it no end i love seeing the old plant though the company i used to work for just after i left college used to have a big CAT D8 that was a beast i used to enjoy sitting with the operator much to the boss's annoyance ;D ;D

Regards Nick

theres some old kit on that thread David ive driven the A25 and A35 ADTs old shapes and new shapes during the 3 1/2 years when i was on the landfills that landfill at scunthorpe was that winterton by any chance?

Regards Nick

It was indeed Nick. My Dad worked there on a Komatsu Bulldozer at the beginning of last summer. Although I collect model tractors almost exclusively I still have a massive interest plant/construction equipment thanks to my Dad and have a few models and books on the subject especially JCB and Caterpillar. :)

Plant and machinery runs in the family so i have been brought up around farming and plant one of my brothers drives a JS130 for the drainage board and my late farther used to work on the land before he went on to plant hire delivery so its in my blood so to speak ;D ;D ;D the plant models that i have posted up is only some of them the rest are boxed up i will get them out at some point and post them up

Regards Nick