Tried It...

Powerstarâ„¢

Got behind the wheel of a MF 8220 today at my mates uncles, It's nice as far as nice goes for a MF, although I prefer Power Control to Dynashift. The 8220 has Dynashift. It is used with a tri-axle flat bed trailer to cart bundles of straw and round/square bales, also it has a Chillton MX Mailleux loader connected in summer to load up bales. I could be driving it a bit this summer in college holidays.

Powerstar semi-impressed with a MF? :D

thats your impressed look, sorry mate but rabbit in the headlights spring to mind :D

just kidding ?;) if the power gets too much for you then give me a ring ?;)

sorry mate just jelous beyond words ?:-\ got to get me in a cab again this summer ?::) ?

I wasn't really impressed with it :-\

Have an equivalent sized JD any day of the week. But lets not start a clolour war it's down to opinion. It's either work there during the harvest months driving the MF 2685's 6290 and 8220 or working at an agri C with a JD 6520 / NH TM140 carting silage.

Yer that 8220 is on undersized wheels and i do agree with powerstar dyna is no way as near as nice as powercontrol and it'll pull better in heavy conditions get a full specced 82 range better than and deere (dont want to start a colour war just giving my opinon)

I've spent enough time around 82's and those rear tyres are definatly undersized the fronts arnt but the rears are to small

well that can't be right ? they've got to be both under sized in that case ,else you'd be damaging the gearbox something terrible  & judging by the tyres he'd of :-\ done enough work to have made the gearbox go bang

it may well do in 2wd but if the rears were not matching the fronts when in 4wd then there would be a conflict of ground speed & something has to give .

eg. my old 3080 had 38" rears & 28" fronts it ran well in both 4 & 2wd as the gears were calibrated for these sizes to be operated together

but

if it was running with 36" rears & 28" fronts then it would be disasterous trying to run them together coz if the rears & fronts found good grip at the same time the bit in the middle will go bang,sure as eggs is eggs.