After I done the 4000 series and 2000 series, it was time fore the 3000 series.

I started with the 3640 with fronthitch, at the time in 1985 I liked this tractor very much, especially with the front hitch with p.t.o, it was not a standard thing in that time. The tractor filled the space between the 100hp 3140 and the 128hp 4050 from the USA.

I used a PMA fronthitch which I chanced a little bit, and put onto the p.t.o myself.

Let's go to see some pictures....

johndeere3640001.jpg

johndeere3640002.jpg

johndeere3640003.jpg

johndeere3640005.jpg

johndeere3640004.jpg

Next 2 pictures with frontmower and haywagon fore feeding the cows in summertime at the barn, with fresh grass.

johndeere3640007.jpg

johndeere3640008.jpg

And a picture of the real one

84jd3640.jpg

Greetings Ronnie

The base of this model is a mix of 2 tractors, the front part is from a 3140/3350 from Ertl, and the back with cab is from #66 Ertl.

We put the 2 together, because the 3140 original from Ertl doesn't have the right dashboard, and the SG2 cab is also no good.

The back part of the #66 is very good to use with the right cab and interior, the rooftop of the cab is again from the 3140, but this one is shortened and chanced a little bit fore a better look.

To put this 2 models together was not an easy job to do, it take a lot of time and thinking work, before to came to this result.

Greetings Ronnie

brilliant work Ronnie youve done a really good job. I remember when the 3640 came JD really pushed it, loads of adverts in the farming press and the local JD dealer put adverts in local newspapers, they even had open days just for this one tractor.

The estate where i worked after leaving school added one to its mixed fleet, so i guess all the publicity paid off. 

very tidy excellent model, i remember when we added one to our fleet of 2 3140`s nd 2140, it was easy to identify at the other side of a field due to the black nose decal, good to see the hard work and effort to make your model

The 6000 series I don't going to make , only a few conversion perhaps fore myself, because there are already a lot people who made this one. The 7000 series on the other side, there is nothing in 1/32 scale, at least not a perfect one at the time(there are some close by). The 7000 series will maybe come later this year from our hand, we are at the moment looking fore it how to built it, and Johan is busy with the drawings, and I took the measures of the real tractor, there is one in our barn at the moment from a neighbour farmer, which do customwork fore me.(7810)