My collection

krogmeier

Here is a part of my collection - just wanted to share with you all!

First up is the IH 915 Combine that I'm going to restore.  It's in decent shape, but will look even better with new paint and parts!

GEDC1065.jpg

GEDC1066.jpg

GEDC1067.jpg

GEDC1073.jpg

GEDC1076.jpg

GEDC1075.jpg

GEDC1071.jpg

Next is my Franklin Mint Farmall H - I love the detail on this tractor.

GEDC1083.jpg

GEDC1085.jpg

GEDC1086.jpg

GEDC1087.jpg

Next is the #1 John Deere Precision model.  One of the very few JD tractors in my collection.

GEDC1105.jpg

GEDC1096.jpg

GEDC1098.jpg

Here is the Farmall Precision model.

GEDC1101.jpg

GEDC1102.jpg

GEDC1104.jpg

and last, here is the Ford Precision model.

GEDC1099.jpg

GEDC1100.jpg

I've got quite a few more, but these are all I have here with me at the moment.  I'll post more pics when I have access to the rest of my collection!

Cheers!

Matt

What a lovely start to showing off your collection Matt. You have touched my heart since well I like my Internationals and Farmall's and although I don't have too many models apart form 3 1/16 scale Spec cast Cubs I have 3 real Farmall's. A 1941 Farmall A, an 1951 American Farmall Cub and a 1957 French Farmall Cub with side finger bar mower.

That combine looks good as it is it looks like a working machine or should I say has done many hours of carpet farming ;) ;)

A couple pictures of the first tractor I ever restored...I had this one as a child, and it was well loved.  I repainted it, put new tires and decals on...but I can still see many flaws with the work as it is.  I might re-do it someday!

caseAgriKing2.jpg

caseAgriKing1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

this is my kind of collection. Have multiple precisions myself and loads of 1:16 models..(about eh.. 100+)

i am wondering how you get the castings so spotless when it comes to removing paint.. i have a lot of problems with that as i am in the middle (for over  a year now ;) ) of restoring a rare Hubley model..

What make is the rear discharge spreader?

As far as I can tell, that spreader is an Allis-Chalmers model.  I think it was probably part of a set sold by Ertl in the 1960's.  The tractor and the spreader are all that I have.

this is my kind of collection. Have multiple precisions myself and loads of 1:16 models..(about eh.. 100+)

i am wondering how you get the castings so spotless when it comes to removing paint.. i have a lot of problems with that as i am in the middle (for over  a year now ;) ) of restoring a rare Hubley model..

Getting the castings spotless is an easy process with the right tool :)  My brother, a mechanic, had what's called a "bead blaster" - similar to a sandblaster, but uses glass beads.  It's a self-contained cabinet that you put the part you want to clean into, then use a hand-held gun to blast the paint and other imperfections away.  He used it to clean auto and truck parts when working on them.  It works like a charm for removing paint from diecast models.  I am going to be sending him a couple combines to blast - he lives in a different state than I do.  I've looked locally, but haven't been able to find any commercial place that does this kind of work.