Claas Jaguar 900 Vs Krone Big X

civilpek

Both of these seem to be owned by the same guy which would ye go for  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Both of these seem to be owned by the same guy which would ye go for

• Claas Jaguar 900
    • Krone Big X

It's a hard one, I'm Claas mad, but lets not go on what the machine looks like. It would be nice to know how both machines would perform side by side which, one fills the trailers faster and gets the job done quickest is what the farmer and contractor want. My vote goes to the Krone because it has a stronger engine so I would say it's the most efficent of the two. I'm sorry Claas how will I ever look my Claas collection straight in the eye again :'( :'(

I'm going with Claas, they no what they're on about, have a wonderful powerplant under those panels and have a proven track record. They have their problems as does all expensive kit but they have reputed back up to boot. Claas for me. Bloke near us has a Big X and it's being chopped in next season, to much trouble. Get it, chopped in?!! Oh lads, I'm here all week!!!

Would have to choose the Claas due to the class (get it) :D back-up that you get they offer the best back-up that is availible except for MF with similar back-up. The Krone BIg X V8 may have the same hp and clear the ground slightly quiker but the claas will slog on no matter what. Got an amazing engine under the pannels and one of the best cabs as well all in all the claas is more of a owner and operator machine really

Ok now I feel bad, everyone is going claas. I'm claas mad and voted Krone how will I live this down. It's like MF Fan or Markyf choosing Deere over MF, I'm destroyed!!!!!!!!

your going to have to write to claas beginning for forgiveness but u never no krone might still come out on top

I'm going with Claas, they no what they're on about, have a wonderful powerplant under those panels and have a proven track record. They have their problems as does all expensive kit but they have reputed back up to boot. Claas for me. Bloke near us has a Big X and it's being chopped in next season, to much trouble. Get it, chopped in?!! Oh lads, I'm here all week!!!

Cant agree with you there Tris, my old man did use a Big X for a week last year and hated it had allsorts of problems (mind you he moans about most farm machinery, but loves claas and tells me they are back where they belong at the top in harvest land, so thats good enough for me :D

Ol and they are much better on the eye as well  ;D

Guest Fendt pwr

I'd rather be driving the old school fendt runing next to the krone chopper,a nice view were ever you look. 8)

I voted for krone because I have heard many good things about krone silage kit,not to say claas is a poor brand it's just when you have to pick one over the other I'd go krone all the way.

To be fair to both brands someone should post the stats for both choppers.

Cant agree with you there Tris, my old man did use a Big X for a week last year and hated it had allsorts of problems (mind you he moans about most farm machinery, but loves claas and tells me they are back where they belong at the top in harvest land, so thats good enough for me :D

Ol and they are much better on the eye as well? ;D

Erm, you put can't agree with me, reading your message you do agree with me though don't you? Claas for the title?

Well to make it more fair i'll give some info on each

Claas jaguar 900: Has a DaimlerChrysler OM 502 LA 16 litre V8 engine putting out 623hrs. During work the engine is at 2000 but to reach the 40KMph road speed it revs anywere between 1100 and 1950. IT has a 1070 litre fuel tank with a 2 speed hydrostatic overdrive transmission with a 410 litre addictive tank. It can be fitted with claas's laserpilot for all crops. The intake housing is 730mm wide with either 20 or 24 knives. The knife drum is 750 mm wide and spins at 1200rpm and with a diameter 630mm. With up to 28 knifes in it. It weighs up 11560kg. This is only a brief anyone got anything to add please do

Krone big X V8: Has exactly the same engine as the claas but putting out 605hp. The other differences is the knife drum is 800mm with a diameter of 660mm, the fuel tank is 980 litres the knife drum has a v formation on the drums and spins at a slower speed of 1100rpm. IT also has a transport speed of 40kmph at 1650rpm. Thats all i can find please add if you know anything

Well to make it more fair i'll give some info on each

Claas jaguar 900: Has a DaimlerChrysler OM 502 LA 16 litre V8 engine putting out 623hrs. During work the engine is at 2000 but to reach the 40KMph road speed it revs anywere between 1100 and 1950. IT has a 1070 litre fuel tank with a 2 speed hydrostatic overdrive transmission with a 410 litre addictive tank. It can be fitted with claas's laserpilot for all crops. The intake housing is 730mm wide with either 20 or 24 knives. The knife drum is 750 mm wide and spins at 1200rpm and with a diameter 630mm. With up to 28 knifes in it. It weighs up 11560kg. This is only a brief anyone got anything to add please do

Krone big X V8: Has exactly the same engine as the claas but putting out 605hp. The other differences is the knife drum is 800mm with a diameter of 660mm, the fuel tank is 980 litres the knife drum has a v formation on the drums and spins at a slower speed of 1100rpm. IT also has a transport speed of 40kmph at 1650rpm. Thats all i can find please add if you know anything

Claas is green and white, Krone is a different green and cream colour, he he  ;D

I wanted to put it equal so i used the 605hp version Krone otherwise i class it its a bit unfair not a true comparison in machines.  MY mistake supposed to be 623hp well give me a chance tookme half an hour to sum up all the information