Claas Lexion 580 with Terra Tracks......Courtesy of Nigel Ford......

NewHolland2

I've still got about 50 acres that are looked after by a local farmer. Half of it co-owned with my brother & the rest under 2 landlords. As regards how involved: my brother invited me to a clay shoot up our field on Jan 2nd with some of his friends. it was only the 2nd time I'd been in there in about 5yrs! Previous was last Aug Bank Holiday when the Chopper Club used it for 30 th anniversary meet of all the Euro members with their bikes.

I like to get out and see relatives & friends still farming about 3 days a year. Our factory overlooks ground I used to work on aswell as some of the farm we used to own for 30+ years. So not much. Incidentally still managed to hit more clays than bro although he regularly shoots & I hadn't picked up the old side by side for over 8 yrs & not shot clays for 20+ yrs. I hit 10 out of 10 on one stand....well chuffed :)

I've still got about 50 acres that are looked after by a local farmer. Half of it co-owned with my brother & the rest under 2 landlords. As regards how involved: my brother invited me to a clay shoot up our field on Jan 2nd with some of his friends. it was only the 2nd time I'd been in there in about 5yrs! Previous was last Aug Bank Holiday when the Chopper Club used it for 30 th anniversary meet of all the Euro members with their bikes.

I like to get out and see relatives & friends still farming about 3 days a year. Our factory overlooks ground I used to work on aswell as some of the farm we used to own for 30+ years. So not much. Incidentally still managed to hit more clays than bro although he regularly shoots & I hadn't picked up the old side by side for over 8 yrs & not shot clays for 20+ yrs. I hit 10 out of 10 on one stand....well chuffed :)

Crikey George Digweed better watch out then ehh?

50acres is a still a good effort to keep that going and obviously making a profit so well done Brother Ford then.

Hign cant see if thats barley or wheat or what but hi it coulda done with straw stiffener!!! looksey a bit flattened for my standards,? ?yes oka yso i'm jealous of the combines so what!!!!!

It was wheat & would have had stiffener, but we had had some torrential storms a few weeks before, including hail as big as peas! It was still doing over 4 tons/ acre though.With the right conditions 6ton/acre can be achieved on that strong ground after potatoes.

• 5 months later...

Just back from holiday in Devon and one of these monsters was negotiating its way along the road near Starcross (just a few miles north of Dawlish) on Tuesday evening.  Couldn't stop for a photo, but what a machine.  Great to see those tracks!

Hi Mr Ford.Where were those pics taken then

Along Military road,Rye just over the bridge on the right going towards Appledore. My friend has been driving there for over 2 yrs now, I must get over there again soon & get some better pics/video.....hopefully the crops will be cleaner this year.

'trouble is they're never anywhere very long, before they shoot off somewhere else, they could be up on the 600 acre block at Peasmarsh or way out at Brenzett, or down along East Guldeford or back home around Appledore etc. with 4000 acres to get over.I've just come back down the M11 & what a treat to see the crops so golden for a long overdue change. There were 2 combines just coming over the brow opening up a field of wheat not far down from Stansted but couldn't see what they were with cab roof lights blazing. :)