New Model From G&M Originals.

powerrabbit

I am sure that Mr Originals wouldn't mind me informing all about the new model they have recently produced and he has sent me a few pictures of the built prototype example.

Another truly cracking and perfectly correct model of the David Brown 50TD Tracklayer. Again in 1:16 scale limited to 150. This will be the first D.B. crawler tractor produced in model form since the Shackleton clockwork one in the mid 1950's so it's going to go very quick I would think, probably a far better investment than any white MF model and half the recent price of one that sold recently!

50TD.jpg

Actually Bill there are quite a lot still in existence and more being found as time goes on. There were many different variants of the D.B. Tracklayer and they were produced from around 1941 right up to the early 1960's, the 50TD being the rarest with most of the 1200 odd produced being exported mainly to Australia, South Africa and a few to South America, one went to Greenland but was 'lost' when it went through the ice on a frozen lake but I believe it was later recovered, repaired and shipped on again. The most common type you will see here are the 4 cylinder 30TD and 40TD models and a few yellow industrial ITD's.

Oh I did not realise there were as many as that made of the 50D crawler Tim. There is a chap in my area who is supposed to have one but although he says he is a collector he is really a wheeler dealer. He buys restores and then on sells. He has done that with 2 50 D's wheeled ones already so I sure the tracked one will not be an exception.

I have been informed that the prototype has now been finished, inspected and scrutinised for quality control and has passed muster. It will be with me probably sometime Tuesday coming, when in my hands I will take some pictures and do a reveiw on it for everyone.

This model arrived into my grubby and rather sweaty little mits today, I can't really do this model justice in a post, the only thing I can say is that it is an absolute peach, far better in the 'flesh' than a single picture can relay. This model deserves something all to itself so the intention is to do a reveiw with pictures and some background detail on the real machine for the 'Model Farmer' Magazine. You have been duly warned, D.B. collectors will kill for this one!