Calling all Experts - or in other words Powerrabbit!!!

AndyB

Picked this up today have no idea how old or who makes it - nothing stamped on it to say....  The words where you might expect a tractor name (john deere for example) say: 'reversable diesel electric'.  Just in front of the rear wheels on both sides it says 'tool box'.  Obviously it is electrically driven and by the looks of it steered :-\  Looks very american to me......  The drivers arms are linked to the steering wheel which moves and his legs are linked to the pedals which also move.  Will have to find quite a big square battery to see if it works!

post-36-132639419012_thumb.jpg

See lots of these around the fairs Andy, known as 'The Tricky Tractor' and made either by Triang or Merrit, may even be Marx, I'm not sure now as you hardly ever see them with their original box. What they do is that when you throw the power switch it will career off in whichever way it's front wheels are pointing and when it hits something it will then go off in a different direction either sideways or backwards untill it bashes into something else and then go off in another direction and will keep doing so until you stop it. Not a very valuable piece as there are lots about but if it's working and has the box then it's value rises. I have seen them in mostly blue and orange or orange and blue but I think there are green and red ones and red and green ones, the first of the two combination of colours on them being the greater amount. As far as I know they were UK made. I don't have one by the way.

See lots of these around the fairs Andy, known as 'The Tricky Tractor' and made either by Triang or Merrit, may even be Marx, I'm not sure now as you hardly ever see them with their original box. What they do is that when you throw the power switch it will career off in whichever way it's front wheels are pointing and when it hits something it will then go off in a different direction either sideways or backwards untill it bashes into something else and then go off in another direction and will keep doing so until you stop it. Not a very valuable piece as there are lots about but if it's working and has the box then it's value rises. I have seen them in mostly blue and orange or orange and blue but I think there are green and red ones and red and green ones, the first of the two combination of colours on them being the greater amount. As far as I know they were UK made. I don't have one by the way.

These type of toys must have been hugely popular because it's toys like this that must be to blame for current driving trends  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers, Tim as always coming up trumps.  I probably paid too much for it but it was at a charity shop so I don't mind too much.  If it is something you ever want then you know where one is ;)