John Deere 6910

Here is the John Deere 6910 ive been making, it will complete my modern 6 cylinder line up. Most difficult conversioin ive done yet to get rigth. Really trying to get this one as accurate as possible. So far im happy with everything but getting the bonnet to line up with the cab. I think i need to sand it back done and add a bit of height and slope to the cab side of the bonnet. Unsure of which wheels to use as it gets a bit costly cutting up £20+ models just for a set of wheels, so thinking of sticking with the 6920 solid wheels, or else a set of row crops. Sticking with the siku linkage for now but may add a pma one at  a  later date.

Happy with the way the cabs turning out even though the ertl ones a little chunky but the glazings turing out to be a bit of a pane.

Any ideas on what to use for a front axel,as the siku ones a bit chunky and i dont want to have to buy a whole new model just for a front axel.

All comments welcome.

18ec613d.jpg

b33e3754.jpg

43d6ed8f.jpg

Yeah, think i'll just look about ebay for a cheap spare axel for it, thinking of either valtra t front and siku back or else go all out and put rowcrops on it and do a decent sprayer conversion for her.

Do you have any pics of your one finished yet? or are you still in the construction phase?

Yeah, think i'll just look about ebay for a cheap spare axel for it, thinking of either valtra t front and siku back or else go all out and put rowcrops on it and do a decent sprayer conversion for her.

Do you have any pictures of your one finished yet? or are you still in the construction phase?

sounds good

mine is still in the construction phase sadly , no time recently  :'(  will try and add an update soon if i can

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is the 6910 almost finished. Think ill maybe make up better bonnet decals at some time just. Pma front weights and new laforge or something rear linkage. Pma were typical french to put it politely, rear linkage looks very nice but building it was a joke, had to finish drilling out alot of the small holes and modify it ALOT to fit on the deere, dont know what tractor its actually for. At the price it was a complete joke, but its on now and looks the part. But dont let me get started on the row crops, now really how hard would it have been to cast a small lug on the rears to allow an axel in (im sure ill be ranting about them more when i go to put them on my tvt build).

d7456778.jpg

b6728a1e.jpg