A good day,picture wise ( Updated 08/09/11 )

catkom3

:) I had quite a good day today,delivering mail,I first came across this,

Agoodday1.jpg

first one I've seen up close,first one I've seen with a backacter,not a tractor,but it is a Mog,right or left hand drive these thing,you can move the steering wheel from one side to the other,

then I came upon this wee MF 35,the guy who owns it said the trailer is Landdrive,so it's powered through the PTO,hopefully Mark will explain how that works

Agoodday2.jpg

Agoodday3.jpg

Agoodday4.jpg

Agoodday5.jpg

Regards

Joe.

what a peach she is as well... lovely trailer too... it works by putting the PTO of the tractor into ground speed... where the revolutions of the PTO shaft are directly proportional to the forward travel speed of the machine (could find the ratio for a 35 given a few minutes to dig it out)

You'd simply engage the PTO to ground when the going got sticky I guess  :-\  ... clever idea... buyt somewhat flawed if the tyre sizes were altered on the tractor or the trailer  :-\  ... it would put a lot of stress on the drive train known as 'win up'  :-\

??? Thank's Mark,the guy did say it was through the PTO,but I never knew there was more than one option,never knew about "ground speed" but figured the PTO itself would be either to fast or to slow,is this just a Fergy thing,or do all tractors have it  :-\

Regards

Joe.

• 1 year later...

It was a nice sunny dry day here in central Scotland,so I went drive about to see what was moveing in my local area

and what nice surprise I got  :) First up a Claas Terra Trac

Agoodday1-1.jpg

then a New Holland

Agoodday2-1.jpg

Not sure what this is

Agoodday5-1.jpg

Then my cousin Drew again with his new Massey

Agoodday3-1.jpg

With Hamish carting away

Agoodday4-1.jpg

Then two rare beast's in the same frame

Agoodday6.jpg

This 1455XL was looking really well,just restored I think,I didn't realise they were so big  :of

Agoodday8.jpg

Agoodday9.jpg

Regards

Joe.