My 2010 toyrac display

Mike R

Can you tellus what the display is, yard with sheds? fields with roads?

My layout comprises of a small farm with mainly dutch barns , a silo a farm garage and farm house all I have made myself other than 1 building, its a small farm with 3 fields a farm track and a main road with background scenery approx size is 10 x 4 feet.

we had 7 in real life, that covered the work required, most modern farms now prob only have 4 or 5 at a push if that?? sure others will share the info with you to mate,

is that even if its a slightly older style farm 1980s to 2000 year then

Keep the views coming please.

its hard to tell some one how or what to display on there own layout but with what  youve described,3 or 4 tractors,one in the yard perhaps,then youve 3 fields and a track,so again only an opinion 2 working in the fields one coming down the track,end of the day you have to decide,and masseys,cause i love em

Hard to beat a dolly mixture. For if its a dispaly there will be people viewing it who have different favourites. Remember seeing a display with highly detailed masseys, with one standard new holland in it that was apparently stuck, i was embarrased for the man whos stand it was. A good display in my mind is one that has at least 3 different tractor makes, from 3 different decades.

When i do my displays  i will put  note out explaing what you see for example i had a modern farm with tractors working around the farm or in the fields at the bottom of the layout i had  a vintage section  which  involved a tractor road run which  i explained in the note or what i did for my display  at motor cycle museum (NEC) i split into to three displays  ie vintage scene with blacksmith and traction engine. A fencing scene with a load loader and 360 beeing dropped off and  then a farm layout with a few tractors etc.The choice is endless but i will admit i have over done the tractor front  before now until i added a few signs and sales office. But i  always seem take to many things and want to display them  so i have had a change of  plan and see how it works out so see at toytrac

may be have a look at last years for help to decide what to do. we had 11 tractors on the veg farm i worked on years back. it could be a small farm which has contractors in for the day. 

the main thing i think is keep it as real as possible and attention to detail . what ever you do i look forward to seeing it in the flesh.