ertl precision key john deere 4960 1/16

tank

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for that info bill

can i ask have ertl ever considered doing this jd, or similar in the 32nd range ??? ? the sg cabbed jds are somewhat of a holy grail for us uk / euro collectors, your jd  8530 precision does well, as does the combine, so i recon a 4960 or any of the sg cabbed jds would do very well for you

thanks for that info bill

can i ask have ertl ever considered doing this jd, or similar in the 32nd range ??? ? the sg cabbed jds are somewhat of a holy grail for us uk / euro collectors, yourjd  8530 precision does well, as does the combine, so i recon a 4960 or any of the sg cabbed jds would do very well for you

aww slurp dribble drolll yes please!!  :P :P

• 2 weeks later...

what we call sg cabs would be the curved front ones, like you fitted to the 32nd scale 3140s you did a good few years back, or the 16th scale 4440 precision you did a few years back (2wd one)

only differences usally are the arches (rear mudguards) between the usa spec and euro spec ones, bar a few exceptions, sure a good jd expert can give you ertl part numbers as sadly the 32nd scale one i have is unboxed

to be honest even a good quallity normal production run of these in 2wd or 4wd (think you call it fwa??)  would go down a storm for yourselfs truth be known, as i said before they are somewhat of a holy grail to obtain, and the conversion market in them is huge and can be expensive to

thanks brian, should give bill a rough idea what we mean

glad to help sean and hopefully we will see several new 40 / 50 series deere`s from them with a few revisions, like the rear fenders and an air breather oh and correct style wafer weights, hope im not asking for too much . i agree a precission of any of these frim 2140 to 4850 would be great they have about 20 variations to choose from (in 1/32)

• 2 months later...

I've ordered 2 for fellow collector's, no pictures though. However, don't wait too long. Word is that the traders are only getting half or less of their allocated lot for now, most are already sold out and it is going to take atleast another 3 months when the rest of their orders will be delivered!