JRO Griffiths & Sons

jordantaylor

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an exciting and busy place to be for you, Jordan!!

If you do ever find yourself in a T6090, make sure you don't get to far away from one of those many bowsers. .... the diesel tank won't last a day on heavy work! Well done NH on that one  ::):laugh:

Anyway, going to enjoy this topic mate, I'll be learning with you I reckon.  :) :)

What an exciting and busy place to be for you, Jordan!!

If you do ever find yourself in a T6090, make sure you don't get to far away from one of those many bowsers. .... the diesel tank won't last a day on heavy work! Well done NH on that one  ::):laugh:

Anyway, going to enjoy this topic mate, I'll be learning with you I reckon.  :) :)

cheers for the NH advice tris, more than happy for you to learn with me, i hope i can be informative and take many pictures of this side of farming as not many people see it, they only see the crisps and not the technology involved in growing, harvesting and storing the product

I worked on a 3000 acre farm up here in norfolk, we grew just under 900acres of spuds for walkers, and the sight of that many irrigation pipes  sends a cold shiver down my spine ;D . but i loved spuds so busy in planting and harvesting 2 jobs i miss are ploughing and driving the harvester :'( , hope you have a great time with all the toys ;D

I worked on a 3000 acre farm up here in norfolk, we grew just under 900acres of spuds for walkers, and the sight of that many irrigation pipes  sends a cold shiver down my spine ;D . but i loved spuds so busy in planting and harvesting 2 jobs i miss are ploughing and driving the harvester :'( , hope you have a great time with all the toys ;D

ive got all the fun to come with the irrigation pipes ;D , i should get to see some proper machinery action during the carrot harvest as i only got employed by them about a month ago now just as they were finshing off the last few hundred acres of spuds so i only did some hauling and a bit fo grading work but my main job is store managment.

great pictures Jordan , have to my favorites are the 7810 and 7530 from the last page  ;)

oh yes the 8530 too  :P

cheers rich, the 7530 is only a month old and has been paid off in full, she already has 283 hours on her already from the spud harvest. as for the 7810, its a great bit of kit, i was driving it the other day

cheers rich, the 7530 is only a month old and has been paid off in full, she already has 283 hours on her already from the spud harvest. as for the 7810, its a great bit of kit, i was driving it the other day

only a month old , was it from rea valley ? bet the 78 sounded nice  ;)

• 1 month later...

we have spread all the poultry muck but i dont think i have talked about any fastracs, the contractor has one but never seen it

They used to have atleast four of them about 15- 20 years ago.

So who is the largest spud grower in Telford area?

(Maddocks/Bubbs/Udales/Solarri(?)/Heaths)

They used to have atleast four of them about 15- 20 years ago.

So how is the largest spud growe in Telford area?

(Maddocks/Bubbs/Udales/Solarri(?)/Heaths)

there doing really well, had 2 new stores built this year and another planned for next year. bags of kit, mainly john deere kit but the bigger tractors are the case and ford.

did you used to work for them then???