Sunny North Cornwall Maize Oct 10th

MDFord

Great pictures you have made there. I have seen also a 12 row header at work. I get the impresion that this size off header isn't stable .

So it don't leave a even field behind. I hope you all know what i mean.

Texas

maybe wheels on the back would help. Like the big combine headers in the USA have. Or duals on the forager maybe?

Thanks Cerin & Sean :)

Tris, unusual to see matching plates indeed, one man keeps his tractor and keeps to the same trailer on this gang I think. They weren't too impressed with the agrimac - looks the part from a distance only  ;)  You're right, the maize has done pretty well here this year, the ground here retains moisture which helped during the dry April May June we had.

Bas, the 12 row worked well, and the ground here certainly undulates  :)

maybe wheels on the back would help. Like the big combine headers in the USA have. Or duals on the forager maybe?

Not only wheels on the back mate.. ned wheels for the road... legally the axle loads are too high.. hence the 12 row comes with a trailer..

Big old header... it is an interesting design, works with a chain pulling the stems over a stationary knife...

Great pics, thanks mark!

Not only wheels on the back mate.. ned wheels for the road... legally the axle loads are too high.. hence the 12 row comes with a trailer..

Big old header... it is an interesting design, works with a chain pulling the stems over a stationary knife...

Great pictures, thanks mark!

Krone 12 rows dont come with a trailer dose it?

They fold up like this for the road:

easy%20collect%2010500.jpg

Maybe it's an option. A contractor I worked for who has a 2006 Krone has the header trailer. His header is the vertical folding version which is lighter and less engineered than the horizontal one Cerin has posted. I know matey only folds it between fields, always trailered on the road.

Maybe it's an option. A contractor I worked for who has a 2006 Krone has the header trailer. His header is the vertical folding version which is lighter and less engineered than the horizontal one Cerin has posted. I know matey only folds it between fields, always trailered on the road.

Yeah i dont think its been around too long, would make sence then as that forager brand new this year.