Scotmodel Falkirk (Rescheduled) Sunday 6th March 2011

BC

They have them on the first Sunday in each month Brian but the December one is the big one. I'm not so sure of it being a swap meet. Last December there were three halls open and loads of traders (more railway and lorry) and quite a number of displays. I'm sure I will have done a post on the event last year. I picked up three Britains though.

Never know road conditions in December so I'm stopping off at the Travelodge at Kinross on the Saturday night.

• 1 month later...

Well hardly surprising folks but the show has been postponed due to the current weather conditions.

Shame but I must admit I had kinda decided last night that I wasn't going down even if it was on.

Anyway I have only lost out on a pre booked saver Travelodge room at Kinross on Saturday night so should anyone one want to use it let me know since its non refundable and you can have it FOC provided you don't trash it ;) ;)

http://www.mclaren-models.com/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I have decided I will attend this show after all. In fact I'm going to make a model weekend of it.

Taylors of Montrose are holding a toy and model sale on Saturday 5th March so I'll go to that on the way down and stop off in a Travelodge at Kinross on the Saturday evening. That will mean only a short drive of around 25 miles on the Sunday morning to Falkirk.

http://www.taylors-auctions.com/web/calendar.pdf

I usually go as its only an hour away. Theres usually some good stuff. I have had quite a few bargains even at the monthly one which is half the size of Scotmodel. Its on again in November.

I'll drop you a PM tomorrow....if coming to this one you may want to venture to the new Aberdeen on on 29th May ???

• 2 weeks later...

Well only a week away now and I'm looking forward to a weekend away...the first of the year so it will be a nice break and I might take Monday off since I still have 6 days holidays left and our holiday year ends at the end of March but we can carry over 5 days.

I have mixed feelings about this rescheduled show since well I don't know if it will be as large as the one that is usually held in early December just before Christmas :-\

I have just been on the phone to McLaren's models to see how big this rescheduled show will be in comparison to the last December one which was held in 2009. I was assured all three halls would be filled so I do hope this is the case.

I mentioned there were three of us organising a show in Aberdeen on 29th May 2011 and we would be coming down and trying to get flyers on some of the tables to tell the public in that area about the new Aberdeen show. I asked the organiser if that would be alright and he said yes as long as it doesn't clash with there monthly toy fairs which it doesn't. The more public we can target in Scotland the better.

Spent the day at ScotModel in Falkirk today and was a good show and met up with quite a few FTF members and also with quite a few of the sellers and exhibitors attending our Aberdeen show. There was not much in terms of Britain's for me but I did manage to come away home with one but pictures of that will follow tomorrow.

On and the 2011 ScotModel with be on 6th November 2011 from 11AM to 4PM presumably to avoid any possible snow which caused the cancellation of 2010 event which was due to take place in December.

The only displays were of lorries

ST833382.jpg

ST833383.jpg

ST833384.jpg

ST833385.jpg

Yes it was a good day Joe and a good public turnout I would say. It is always nice to put a face to a name and at least you will know who they are when you come up to the Aberdeen show on May 29th.