Miedema SB1251 Hopper & Inspection table

i am planning in the next few weeks to start building this miedema SB1251 hopper and inspection table in 1/32

it will be my first scratch build and a complicated one to start with i must say, i will take my time and spend plenty of it measuring up all the parts to scale them down.

i will start adding pictures when i start building

oh and for those of you that dont know (its potato equipment)

if it goes well i might progress to make the yard scene with all of the elavators and trailers in aswell

here are some pictures of what im going to build

post-2337-132639520596_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639520708_thumb.jpg

Really looking forward to seeing how this will progress mate, the carrot growers around here use them to load lorries at the edge of the field.......

cheers, i hope to have it in a spud scene when ive finished, loading a store mabee

Thats not J.C Suckleys grader is it ???? :-\

no its JRO Griffiths & Sons? do u know J.C Suckleys do you??

cheers, i hope to have it in a spud scene when ive finished, loading a store mabeeno its JRO Griffiths & Sons? do u know J.C Suckleys do you??

yep worked there for 10 years on the grain and spuds ////beet aswell

used to be on nights on the spuds did u ever know simple simon or dwarfy as we all

called him on the CB's

yep worked there for 10 years on the grain and spuds ////beet aswell

used to be on nights on the spuds did u ever know simple simon or dwarfy as we all

called him on the CB's

10 years, i must admit i never knew simple simon, ahh well, do you know a lad called mat millington, hes done some work for suckleys before

blimey thats a heck of a build to try jordan, certainly looks good so far, and having a real unit to get meassurementsa and pictures for detail stuff from is even better, looking forward to this build

thanks, it has made it a hell of allot easier working with the machine measuring it all up and being able to get pictures of all the parts to refer back to.

i now know where i can get my paints from and i know who i can get the decals done by

i should hope to get it complete before christmas but see what happens

• 1 month later...

very nice is the inspection bit just a picking table for taking off damaged,rotten and green tatties? we have a miedema flexi coil thing that takes out soil

it is yes, we usually get 2 people either side especially in a wet harvest as there is plenty of crap that comes up the hopper like mud clods and and parts of the plant. just makes it easier when we clean them as the washer does not get clogged up with anything and it reduces the risk of any foreign objects getting into the walkers lorry

£30,000 fine and you get shut down if that happens until they find out where the problem came from

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...