Suggestions for future visits for FTF in Aberdeenshire 2011

BC

Well Ebay tells me its 49 days to Christmas and reading Dode's post within the Stewart trailer post and a PM from Rob ( robl12) this has stirred me to put up a topic to see what interest there is for some visits in 2011 around Aberdeenshire.

Dode has Atholl from the NH dealers working on

Charlie Marshall Trailers and a large farming unit

Rob has suggested Mackies of rothienorman the ice cream makers and also Ewan Benzie the tattie and carrot folk from Turriff.

All good suggestions...so who would be interested and any other suggestions for visits for 2011 ???  ???

The only other one I have thought about is where Raymond and Lee Chapman work with the Case 335 and Quadtrac 535 in the Fyvie area but I would have to test the water with Raymond first to see if he and ofcourse his employers were willing to allow us to visit.

Knockothie Farms

now bill the mackies of rothienorman sounds good but there`s a big  BUT! think i`ll pm you that

why do we not try for next year and do what the moira boys do and arrange a scottish ftf visit to the zwolle show

i know this isnt in aberdeenshire but could get all the members together

Food for thought Hillview. I once was planning a trip to Ireland to source a Farmall Cub but I managed to source two without crossing the water. But well yes I may well be up for a trip and nosey around Ireland ;D ;D

Food for thought Hillview. I once was planning a trip to Ireland to source a Farmall Cub but I managed to source two without crossing the water. But well yes I may well be up for a trip and nosey around Ireland ;D ;D

bill the moira show is one of the best shows that ive seen in the uk to date if you are interested in seeing converted models and diarama`s and construction displays as well, id be interested in helping out with this i would be going over for this show anyway and to arrange a couple of cars on the ferry and some accomadation wouldnt be a problem belfast city centre is only 20 mins from the show lisburn 5 mins so there would be a few options available, its well worth a visit

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm glad you enjoyed the Stewart Trailer visit.

I had a PM from robl12 on here from "foggieloan" last week and he has emailed Maxwell Farmers near Turriff to see about viewing their farming operations. In addition he is trying to locate a contact number for the farm manager at Mackies the dairy operation and ice cream makers at Westerton of Rothienorman.

Spring visits if possible since I suspect both "Turra" and "Rothie" are under a "fit o sna" as we speak ;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

i like the sound of the mackies visit, remember plenty of notice to get the holiday request form in,

and ive had a pm from fergie 699 that he will give us advanced notice of the dates of the autumn moira show, if we can organise the trip over he say`s he could arrange for us to see some contractors at work on the thursday before the show on the friday