brick walls

05rich

Question

i thought you lot might like to see this  ;)

my auntie is in with dolls houses and she was given some material to clad your own "house" , however she had no use of it so she give it to me to use it with my farm buildings. i was given red and grey material and i think the grey material replicates a breeze block wall very well

see what you think , i will take photos through the processes when i do another wall  ;) i have started to make a silage clamp with it  :)

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

14 answers to this question

looks good!! :) :) :)

can you post up some details about the stuff, like any part number, name etc.??m this could be a quicker way to something i started....and stopped ::)

http://www.craft-products.com/dolls-house-brick-stone-tiles.asp there you go ben  ;)

here is the two different colours of compound and the stencil

IMG_3701.jpg

IMG_3702.jpg

por some of the compound you want into a small tub and then add water to create a spreadable mix

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3705-1.jpg

now secure stensil in the place you want the wall ( i am sticking it on plywood )

IMG_3706.jpg

I like that buddy :) Are you restricted by the stensil size as to how big a wall you can do?

Also, what are the dimensions of an individual block?

no , once the section is dry you can lay the stencil over the top to continue the wall , up , down , side to side etc so you can make it as big as you want  :)

this one i was given is 1:12 scale , each block is 5mmx16mm its too big for standard bricks but it does for breeze blocks etc

also looking on the website you can get them in 1:24 scale which would probulary be better for 1:32

you can also get stone, roof slate stencils etc .

So presumably you would not fill in the half blocks at either end so that upon making the next section the blocks would continue the correct pattern?

I like the concept but the size doesn't look right for me. They look either two long or not tall enough.

So presumably you would not fill in the half blocks at either end so that upon making the next section the blocks would continue the correct pattern?

I like the concept but the size doesn't look right for me. They look either two long or not tall enough.

here you go tris , i have continued the patten and put it infront of the fire to dry and this is the finished result , i will need to go around it with a knife as the mixture has run in places

the arrow marks the join  ;)

IMG_3714.jpg

IMG_3715.jpg

i agree its not the right size but for something thats cost me nothing its perfect  :)

It matches up well doesn't it, Rich? Not bad at all. Given it's just a practice run too I'd say it was going to be a useful tool in your model making. What I was saying about the block size, to be honest you're quite right. Free makes it close enough! :)

thats a tidy find rich, must say find the blank stencil material, and you could make what ever size you wanted block wise, then use the normal resin mix to get the finish, would take some time cutting it out, but i am sure they would do one if requested???

thats an idea sean , worth a try i suppose  :-\

Very nice Rich, looks good.

thanks scott