G&M Farm Models Scottish Tractor Event - 9th & 10th April 2011 at Perth

BC

I had Graham Millar of G&M Farm Models on the phone last night and he was saying they have booked their Spring Event in Scotland at the Huntingtower Hotel on the Crieff Road just outside Perth PH1 3JT following the sale of the old venue at the Isle of Skye Hotel to Travelodge. Graham was saying there is plenty of car parking which could be an issue at the old venue which was in the centre of Perth. On a down side we won't get our cheap carvery lunch but its just fine to see they will be back up in Scotland for a Spring event.

Joining Graham & Michelle will be Nick Battel of the Old 20 Parts Co and Stephen Moat of Classic Tractor Books. I'm not sure if Steven Frater of S D Frater Conversions is coming this year or not but I will confirm with Graham nearer the time.

http://www.gandmfarmmodels.com/shows.htm

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/bw-huntingtower.html?aid=311076;label=hotel-34367-gb-m_AjmLg8yOPYFOltD08k4wS659910744;ws=&gclid=COPMm5bgu6YCFUww3godygMOHQ#

now bill the isle of skye is still advertising the carvery , past it this morning with its travellodge signs, its only a 5 min drive from huntigtower hotel to the isle of skye so i think we`ll still manage the cheap carvery lunch , will see you there on the sat

Yes it is a great shame since this is the largest steam engine event in central Scotland. I only got the Scottish Vintage Vehicle Federation Year book for 2011 in the post on Thursday and the event is still advertised in there so all of this must have happened within the past week or so I suspect.

Never mind there are a large turnout of steamers to be seen near Kemnay in Aberdeenshire at Castle Fraser where the Bon Accord Steam Engine Club hold there rally the weekend of 18th and 19th June 2011.

Anyway back on topic what other FTF members are planning visiting the G&M event ???

Oh I just checked the rotation Bill, I'll be home for this one also. But I will have to really start sweet talking the missus, I think I nearly have my whole time off for this year planned, and none of it is of interest to her, not good. ::) ::)

Oh I just checked the rotation Bill, I'll be home for this one also. But I will have to really start sweet talking the missus, I think I nearly have my whole time off for this year planned, and none of it is of interest to her, not good. ::) ::)

ronan you will just need to brainwash her into models

• 1 month later...

Only yesterday I sent Layla an email with my order to take to Perth and look what arrived in the post today. Hope to meet up with a few FTF members as I will be there over the two days between doing some car shopping in Perth.

ST833552.jpg

ST833553.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...