Massey Ferguson 6465

• 2 months later...

haven't really done anything on this model in a while just getting back into it after i got my decals from PDC, now the bonnet is too high for the cab to sit right down, so i'm not sure whether to let the bonnet sit a couple of mm above where it should or whether to raise the cab up to get it level, don't know what you guys think?  :)

what chassis are you using???? i would be tempted to cut the chassis height down rather than leave it sat to high, this as you said makes the cab and floor pan sit to high, and throws the model

extended 5455 chassis mate, i think i might just raise the cab and floorplan up a bit so it is level with the bonnet, that may leave a little gap in the rear wheel arches, but never mind, it's only my first attempt and i can learn from my mistakes  :)

you may find that cutting the siku bonnet fitting lug off cures the problem is thats the case mate, i know it did with the one i made a good few years back now

ok cheers for your help, but i've come to a decision that i'm going to raise the cab and floorplan by half a centimetre, i know this is risky as it may make it look bigger than it should, but it's my first attempt so i'm going to have a go anyway, may make another in the future where i shall learn from my mistakes on this one  :)

UPDATE: I painted the bonnet this morning and am impressed with the quality of the finish, took a lot of priming to get there but i think all in all it's been worth it to get a finish like that, i just now need to extend the chassis by 1.5cm, then raise the cab and floorplan by 0.5cm, get the chassis sprayed all black along with the weights (which suprisingly i have taken from a universal hobbies McCormick MC115!) get it all put together and i shall be finished, just off now to glue the front grill onto the bonnet, and make a start on my next conversion ;)

when is it going to be finished????:);):D

as soon as my beacon arrives, i get a material to raise the floorplan and i get something to extend the chassis with, oh and i need some paint to do my chassis black which im getting soon, will be a few weeks yet, i'm going along at my own speed, i don't need it anytime soon so i'm taking my time with this one  ;)