Renault Atles

jdc

Here's a couple of pics from last summer when I had a demo of the Atles. I didn't have anything big enough to slow it down though.  ;D

My mate was Renault dealer but lost out in reshuffle and is now doing Valtras, so hopefully should get a 'wee shot' of them now and again. Looks like he'll be getting a 'N' series as a demonstrator first.

I reckon as usual UH have got the detail dead right (front linkage is really good) but the overall look'n'feel is spot on too.

Thats what i thought but the real drivers like yourself are the ones that notice the real details, thanks mate  ;)

Wait until gavin see's these pictures he'll be begging you to swop that for his Ares  :D :D

No chance, you can keep it! my 836 is much better than an Atles as far as i'm concerned. The chap i used to work for ran Atles's, out of the first 2 he had they both had new engines and gearboxes before 3000hrs. Theres a long list of the trouble he had with them apart from that as well including shattered diff's, he's got rid of both of them now, Claas stopped paying for the problems to be sorted so they had to go, he did replace them with Atles's though as nothing else matches the pulling power of them, not even his challenger. Although my 836 has been a bit of a bugger lately its not been no where near as much trouble as that

Not a single atles (people bought better machines case MX's, Fendt and MF's just to be a annoying little t**t :D ) around here so cant comment on pulling but if anything like ares got to be good what did you use behind the atles jdc?

Don't know about reliablility, but it went up against a (dare I say it) Fendt and outpulled/gripped it.  :)

My ex boss tried everything out around the 260hp mark and the Atles won everytime. His latest purchase is a 3m Quivogne Tinemaster (like a simba solo), the rep told him that the Atles wouldn't pull it when he asked for a demo of it. Lets just say that the rep left with his tail between his legs and had one very smug farmer with a new toy on his hands, the Atles even outpulls his challenger on it  :D :D

'Fraid I can't remember exactly but it was reckoned to be of similar hp/size.

I just put a 5f Kverneland vari width on it and it pretended it wasn't there.  ;D

It's a wonder you had a plough left when you got to the end of the field with that on the front of it  ;D:D :D ;)

• 2 weeks later...