John deere 9430T Stolen and Plough

Newhollandt7050

It was taken to the field last sunday to try ploughing, and was to wet and was parked in the woods in a dip in the field, Somebody said they see it running over some gates and nobody called the police and my brother went there and rang the boss and asked if he had moved it, then a local farmer said it was driven away the other day but thought it was my brother driving it,

problem is jordan it was very likely on the back of a east european lorry that night, and more than likely across the channel before they realised it was gone. amazes me given the rising crime rate with tractor theft, why with a 150 k value machine they dont fit a tracker to them???? ok  2/3 k's worth of old ford/mf/jd  aint worth it , but something like that has to be worth the 500 a year fee they charge to keep a eye on it 24/7

it amazes me that the farmer left it out to be honest. we have lots of big and expensive equipment where i work and when we are working around 20-30 miles from the farm, if we leave the kit overnight in the field we will put a caravan there with at least 2-3 drivers stopping there so that the kit is being watched but to be stolen in the afternoon and no one to batter an eyelid it amazes me

we have trackers on all of our equipment even the old ford 7810 as they all have rolls to play in the business and if one was to get stolen it can affect other jobs i.e delay us when working which we dont want

problem is jordan it was very likely on the back of a east european lorry that night, and more than likely across the channel before they realised it was gone. amazes me given the rising crime rate with tractor theft, why with a 150 k value machine they dont fit a tracker to them? ??? ok  2/3 k's worth of old ford/mf/jd  aint worth it , but something like that has to be worth the 500 a year fee they charge to keep a eye on it 24/7

You wouldn't get it on the back of a lorry without it being noticed somewhere - especially the docks. I'd guess this is sat somewhere awaiting some fraudulent documents .. . . either that or someone has cast an eye on this in the recent past and already got the fraudulent documents needed to ship it out. There are only a few ports this can go out of, not sure about it's width for the Channel Tunnel.

same here dave, i do not ever recal any of our kit being left out overnight, even right next to the farm , always away every night, ok they were not locked in as all the barns for that stuff were open, so probally no difference to be honest, but they were close to the house and the dogs and under lights  then at least

thats a bugger  :-\ had so many go missing in my area, i still cant believe nobody stopped it when it was running over gates ? and why didn't it have a code thing job on it and one of them triangular code thing jobs, not really a good idea to leave it out though i suppose

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just a update. The john deere 9430t was found on Friday night by a farmer by the m40 Towards london 35 miles away. The tractor has been damaged with the lights , inside the cab ripped out, The plough is still missing, the Hydrailcs have been removed and a gps guideance system, The tracks are very damged as they run over a set of pressure harrows,

Thanks

Matthew

Pleased to hear it has been found, the thieves sound like a rough bunch of bathtubs though. >:(

Will it be recovered and repaired or written off, or don't you know at this stage? I wonder if the track damage scuppered the export plans . . . Be obvious to a buyer that it may not be legitimate with that kind of damage given the price of a pair of tracks.

some people just have no respect for property whatsoever,wouldnt you wonder if it was just malicious or was the tractor stolen to order and something went wrong,either way they wrecked a good machine and knew what bits they wanted from it,do you not think if they just wanted the bits they stole they wouldnt have just taken them from the field it was in...do you think with the high price of renewing the advanced tracks that it may be written off,id hate to think if it was mine that some other damage may surface later on.....