Bales

Lady Ferguson

Question

10 answers to this question

mandy, bit like with the round bales, different balers make different sized bales.  my straw man supplies me  with krone bales  at 0.8 x 1.2 x 2.6.............  I have had 4 foot square by 8 foot long hesstons  i believe and  what I was told were  claas quadrants which were different again but I cant recall the size of them......they were flatter and shorter than the krone more akin to a weetabix  so i suspect anything along the lines of what you have , even two or three variations would all be very acceptable

mandy, bit like with the round bales, different balers make different sized bales.  my straw man supplies me  with krone bales  at 0.8 x 1.2 x 2.6.............  I have had 4 foot square by 8 foot long hesstons  i believe and  what I was told were  claas quadrants which were different again but I cant recall the size of them......they were flatter and shorter than the krone more akin to a weetabix  so i suspect anything along the lines of what you have , even two or three variations would all be very acceptable

even the small bales differ between makes john, ours were mf ones, but a contractor once baled 1/2 of one of our fields by mistake, with a jd baler, and a flat 8 on those was wider than the mf one so had to be stacked seperate to ours as it threw the pile out making it unsafe

have you got any where with the other bales yet mandy?? the straw ones

even the small bales differ between makes john, ours were mf ones, but a contractor once baled 1/2 of one of our fields by mistake, with a jd baler, and a flat 8 on those was wider than the mf one so had to be stacked seperate to ours as it threw the pile out making it unsafe

have you got any where with the other bales yet mandy?? the straw ones

I haven't, Sean - it took me 45 minutes to make up one bale from sisal - so that's not really an option :'(

I'm not sure about the flock bales. See what you think:

bales.jpg

bales002.jpg

I haven't, Sean - it took me 45 minutes to make up one bale from sisal - so that's not really an option :'(

I'm not sure about the flock bales. See what you think:

What about trying coco fibre which is used on hanging basket liner I have made a few round bales out of it for the straw bales

bales.jpg

bales002.jpg

Yes it is dark but i found its very think so I have seperated the 2 layers which now makes it easier to make into round bales,I got mine from the garden centre where I bought it in a flat lenth sold by the metre @ £ 3 .50 And it makes quite a few bales i will load up some pics tomorrow so you can have a look.