N.I. Farm Toy & Model Show 22nd April 2011

TM190

Coming up to that time again!  :of

Friday 22nd April, Good Friday. 2pm - 10pm

Magherabuoy House Hotel, Portrush.

Large ranges of models available, Something to please Everybody!

We, Modelfarmer.co.uk will of course be there in Full Force with our Range of Conversions and Scratchbuilds available on the day!  ;D 

poster.jpg

Whos coming along?  ;)  :police:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone.  I hope this finds you well and continuing to enjoy our shared hobby of model tractor collecting. The great thing about model tractors is that they provide such a positive opportunity not only for model tractor fans to indulge themselve. They also provide a fantatsic platform for people from all backgrounds to enjoy each others company socially. The world of model tractors really is such a friendly place  isn't it.  Every one gets on so well and offers each other support and encouragement at every possible opportunity.    I think that that is one of the core aspects of our hobby. The ability to club together and try to make things better for each other.  There are hard times out there for many and it may be that the grass roots of future business empires are being nurtured and developed  right here in model tractor land.  One day we may all look back and  be glad that we took the opportunity when it presented itself to help  or encourage someone. It costs nothing and can have a long lasting positive benefit.    Anyway. Coming up on this superb island we have our next show on Good Friday 22nd April. All the details are on the poster. For this show we have a new Show tractor which is a John Deere 8295R. It looks real good even with it being muddied.  The use of local imagery and individually numbered certificates help to set the tractors off very well. This big Deere entitled 'Kingdom of Mourne' can be viewed and pre-ordered at www.nationalminitrac.com  There are also limed effect Massey Fergusons and New Hollands available now.    On Saturday 23rd There is the North West Vintage tractor road-run taking place nearby which makes for a great weekend for tractors fans of all ages.    Stay positive and thankyou to you all for your continued support.  Warmest regards to everyone !  Big Al.

Just hot off the press so to speak. If you are intending to stay at Best Western Magherabuoy House Hotel, Portrush in conjunction with the Show then please quote ' Portrush Tractor Show' in order to avail of a special accommodation rate. The hotel telephone number is 0044 (0) 2870 823 507.

Just hot off the press so to speak. If you are intending to stay at Best Western Magherabuoy House Hotel, Portrush in conjunction with the Show then please quote ' Portrush Tractor Show' in order to avail of a special accommodation rate. The hotel telephone number is 0044 (0) 2870 823 507.

hmm, just how special a rate are we talking Al???

well done Big Al for that speech... I'd back you in an election for sure  ;) ... you are correct about this hobby being such a marvellous vehicle for making and maintaining friendships.

I won't be coming over to Ireland for your show sadly as it's a busy time at work for me... and you are a long way away from me also.. but I wish you every success with your show.

Many thanks your Lordship.

Your kind comments and encouragement are as ever, most welcome.

I totally understand that we are a long way away from many of our model tractor friends and that  that is exactly where this fantastic forum comes in as it gives model tractor enthusiasts a means of sharing and encouraging each other in what we do... keep up the good work Andy and team.  Spreading the word about our great worldwide hobby is key and we do our little bit here by having a prominent link to FTF from off our front page at www.nationalminitrac.com

Now regarding the previous posting concerning hotel rates I don't have the prices. The General Manager and I had a meeting last night and rooms have been filling up really really well. I have  been a bit late in tidying things at that end. A quick call to Best Western Magherabuoy House Hotel on 0044 (0) 28 7082 3507 quoting Portrush Tractor Show will get the answer.

As mentioned earlier there is the Classic Tractor Road Run on Staurday. There is also show jumping going on at Portrush on Saturday. On Easter Monday there is a fireworks display happening at Portrush. With all of this going on it really should be a great weekend for families on the North Coast. There is of course always the Giants Causeway and Old Bushmills Distillery to enjoy nearby.

For two wheeled fans we have the North West 200 International Road Races coming up on Saturday 21st May with practices and motorcycle events happening throughout the week. Guys and girls.. we have got it going on over here on the great North Coast so even if you can't make it for our model tractor show there are lots of things to see and do in the area throughout the year.

In closing I quote "Nothing's Going To Stop Us Now" This is of course a piece  performed by Starship which was a prominent soundtrack in the film Mannequin.  I hope that that might get aired on digital FM95.4 or 94.5 on Monday 18 April around  3.50 pm ? ?  :)  Of course if some are looking a little bit of encouragement or could take inspiration from persistence, pushing out the boat and helping others... watch the film. You too could make your dream come true... but only if you have a dream to begin with. No time like the present to start.

Best Wishes Everyone.

Big Al.

Well we finally got everything ready Very Very Late on Thrusday night/Friday Morning  ::)  ;D  All part of the job!

Any way, It was good show.. Good lot of peoples plenty of sales made  ;) 

Few pics I have of Our stand, MODELFARMER.co.uk.. Didn't get any of rest show maybe someone else did?

Sorry for some ropey pics, I blame lack of sleep!  ;D

IMG-20110422-00457.jpg

IMG-20110422-00456.jpg

IMG-20110422-00455.jpg

IMG-20110422-00454.jpg

IMG-20110422-00453.jpg

IMG-20110422-00458.jpg

IMG-20110422-00459.jpg

IMG-20110422-00460.jpg

Thanks to all our exhibitors and visitors who made the Show another unique occasion in the world of model farming.  Fantastic weather facilitated visitors and their families in enjoying both the show and the great local beaches.  8)  As Phil and Kirsty would say, 'location, location, location.'

This time we certainly had many more very young visitors including some transported in their buggies. Youngest visitor was only twenty two days old !

As ever it was great to see fans of the Show calling by on the quest for inspiration.  At the Northern Ireland Farm Toy and Model Show we are always glad to speak with others who call by with us for a chat and we like to offer encouragement where possible. Hopefully all were well catered for and have some fresh positive and constructive ideas for the future.

There is of course only so much time to speak with people when one is really busy.  Apologies to those who we didn't manage to have a chat with. For those who we hadn't the opportunity to speak with I would in the meantime make a humble recommendation to indulge in an exceedingly fine little book by Norman Vincent Peale; The Power of Positive Thinking. When things seem down a dose of positivity can be the very thing.  At a tenner or less it could be the best buy some make in 2011.

Warm regards to all.

Big Al.