Foyle View Farm 2013 update

MF-ROB

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

congratulations bob,first prize,have you, or will you be getting the uh mf 6290 to celebrate!!!!!!!

I've got it Paul I got it a moria model show a very nice model too I've a loader lined up for my one.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just been looking at a few pictures on my laptop and I came across theses and I dont think I posted these up just a few of me and my dad doing a bit of topping.

023-6.jpg

024-6.jpg

026-6.jpg

025-6.jpg

now for a few of me at it.

027-6.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well this will be the first post on the FV topic for 2013 as its so wet here and water running out of everywhere there not much to do apart from feeding but it gives us time to do other bits and bobs like this. Dad and I have fell to our old Vicon 802 fert spreader its not in bad nick for being 30 odd years old my dad got it the year I was born (1988) he said it was second hand when he got it and im heading on for 25 years old :)

So a few pic's to show you all what were at. First pic is the fram with the bin off.

009_zps27995656.jpg

The bin it has a 2 little cracks on one side which we have patched up

008_zpsb04f6938.jpg

A few of the parts that need renewed

011_zps60a702e6.jpg

as you can see on thit  plate the fert has had its wicked way and we always wash the spreader out after we used it and spray oil on it.

012_zpsce5a078c.jpg

Hi -  very good reading  just shows how much work there is still on a small farm  - i drove a MF 575 with loader a little before yours  but we all ways found lots to do  -- so reading this threads taken me back  -- keep it up & them reds look well  asways better then blue or green :laugh:

Hi -  very good reading  just shows how much work there is still on a small farm  - i drove a MF 575 with loader a little before yours  but we all ways found lots to do  -- so reading this threads taken me back  -- keep it up & them reds look well  asways better then blue or green :laugh:

Glad you like it 590MF yeah theres always something to do feeding cleaning fixing ect never a dull moment.

Look forward to some more updates bob.

yeah they will be a few now with the work we have to do with this spreader

There were some nice Masseys at the pulling day, Robert but the 8210. .. .. Scorching looking tractor. They had a right presence those tall bonneted Fords, looked big for their rated power. :)

Yes Tris they are as much as I'm a red fan I do have a soft spot for the 10's and 40's from the blue stable that 82 was in Classic Tractor a few years back two brothers done it up and at the time it was in CT it didn't have the front linkage and they were looking for one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

But not all went to plan as the pictures will show :(

When lifting water out of our well at home I found that the end where the spread plate goes on was rotting dont know why as the tanker is washed down every time its used :/

The rotting end had to drill it and put a bar across it to get it to turn.

029-6_zps779f3407.jpg

032-3_zps176a2d1b.jpg

030-5_zps922b54fc.jpg

Got it off just need to clean up the threads

031-5_zps40538dbe.jpg

Mixing outside

037-4_zpsbdf99580.jpg

All yoked up ready to go and the tanker fixed

038-3_zpsecdddbe5.jpg

With all the mixing done it was time to bring the cattle back in and with the help of uncle Bob and here is the man himself 

045-3_zps54af863a.jpg

cattle coming in

043-4_zps30cc2b54.jpg

044-3_zpsf053f4ba.jpg

allways a great topic bob,do you remove part of the engine cover because the tractor is stationary bob?

Thank you paul we take the engine covers off to stop them from heating and the paint getting burned as she can get warm sitting full open pumping slurry.

Archived