Massey Ferguson 399

and now the 2 together,as you can see the korean version is way behind on detail...but a HIGHLY desirable model,no mf collector should be without a korean mf399

post-1779-132639761774_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639761791_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the korean 399 is pretty much bang on 1/32 scale...the early type cab were significantly lower than the late hi-line+ type as fitted to dbps 390........the model could have been beefed up on its axles to obtain a more realistic and chunky 100hp look,because of the design of the axles the model looks to be hovering too low,if converted to the proper running gear itd be fine......but there more valuable in original form as you,d know.............

for the last 2.5 years id say ive been model building on average 60-70 hours a week....the problem was i was building for customers during the day and after my dinner going out and working either at my own models or experimenting with new ones...that soon leads to models 24/7 which isnt good.....now at minute im model building around 20-25 hours a week and working part time,but next week i return to full time work and will be down to around 20 hours a week,so selling models now doesnt interest me at all as id need those 20 hours to make my own list of models and thatd make it more like a hobby once again,mixing your hobby into business didnt work for me as it took over my life..at minute ive 7 forager builds half done and am working on new models for myself,ive now enough model orders on to keep me busy to around sept time so from here on i will not be taking any more orders as i really want to enjoy model building as a hobby as its been all my life.....funny enough im restoring a te20,started it some 2 years back and for the last 2 years as ive been model building i never got time to do 1 thing to it,and last night i finally got back to it again after making the decision that enough was enough as far as orders go.....model building can take over your life,it took over mine and it happens without you even knowing it,i found that i hated giving most models over when finished and i suppose thats natural as a collector to want to add it to your own collection as moneys just in one hand and out the other.........

Interesting Brian.I've been asked to make a few models before but realy hated it,I always wondered if was good enough for the buyer or was it cheap enough for them and like you said you end up at it all the time and soon the fun is gone.