uh story about my new holland t6090

well i have been doing a bit of promotional work for a new Holland deal ,and this is my story ,

first of all i have been doing some  promotional work for a new Holland dealer and i decided to treat my self to a uh new Holland t 6090 and as you can see it is amazing model and what was more amazing is when i got it out the box and removed the base plinth , the left beacon fell off  :of so i turned it over to see what had happend and then the step from the opposite side fell off  :of :of so i turned it over again to see what had fell off and,,,, low and behold the left rear light that attaches to the cab ,,,,yes you have guessed ,,,, it fell off  :of :of :of ,now by this point i was just about to catapult it over the fence in to the field behind my house >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( ,,,,, now is it just me or what ,,,,,,,

at this point i had to walk away from the ....thing . so i collect up all the parts and super glued them all back on ,the only positive experience that has come from this i have found out that uh tractors loves super glue and i mean loves super glue , it is that good you carnt even tell  ;D ;D ;D

(((((((((WARNING PLEASE DO NOT LOOK TO HARD AT THE PICTURES JUST IN CASE SOME THING ELSE DROPS OFF))))))))))))))

i think i might just stick to siku  :-\ :-\ :-\

post-2795-132639767308_thumb.jpg

post-2795-132639767322_thumb.jpg

post-2795-132639767346_thumb.jpg

That's the only thing i don't like about all these detailed models, you can't use them, i have all siku/britains on my layout and all uh/ros on my display shelf it's always the same!

Thats kind of the idea!

UH/Ros etc.. are Models...

Siku/Britains etc.. are Toys...  ::)

You can set the models on the layout but if you wish to push them around etc, then its a no no..

Thats kind of the idea!

UH/Ros etc.. are Models...

Siku/Britains etc.. are Toys...  ::)

You can set the models on the layout but if you wish to push them around etc, then its a no no..

Figured that but, still, it's just annoying because it's always the tractors you want in your layout are models and can't be used, Fendt 820, New Holland T7070, T6090 etc... unless you convert them which is just a pain in the rear.

Figured that but, still, it's just annoying because it's always the tractors you want in your layout are models and can't be used, Fendt 820, New Holland T7070, T6090 etc... unless you convert them which is just a pain in the rear.

What's the difference between having them in a layout or on the shelf,either way they won't be moving?  ???

What's the difference between having them in a layout or on the shelf,either way they won't be moving?  ???

I probably haven't explained myself clear enough. I'm only 14 and i still act like a 5 year old when it comes to layouts, i can't bare to just let them sit there i have to play with them, even though i do get called immature rather alot  :laugh: that's what i mean by putting them on a layout...

I probably haven't explained myself clear enough. I'm only 14 and i still act like a 5 year old when it comes to layouts, i can't bare to just let them sit there i have to play with them, even though i do get called immature rather alot  :laugh: that's what i mean by putting them on a layout...

Makes sense now  :)

i wouldn't worry about it too much from what i've heard , bit's keep falling off the real New Hollands as well, so maybe UH have built it correctly  :)

as for promotional work, are NH giving away real tractors with every pair of overall sold ?

a typical Massey Fool lover comment  :P , probably used up all the glue in the factory to keep a real massey from falling apart before measuring it up wrongly again...

without joking, UH has this problem with a lot of their models. I had a chrome massey 8680 where the fenders and part of the hitch fell off before even having been removed from the box. Even worse is their use of screws to hold the models on the base. They should add the screwdriver with that. had some really nasty fights to get those loose.

Still very nice models for displaying purposes. Think the Ros models are better equiped and built for playing use though.

a typical Massey Fool lover comment  :P , probably used up all the glue in the factory to keep a real massey from falling apart before measuring it up wrongly again...

without joking, UH has this problem with a lot of their models. I had a chrome massey 8680 where the fenders and part of the hitch fell off before even having been removed from the box. Even worse is their use of screws to hold the models on the base. They should add the screwdriver with that. had some really nasty fights to get those loose.

Still very nice models for displaying purposes. Think the Ros models are better equiped and built for playing use though.

ooooh  !  ;D ;D ;D

seriously , lot of farmers i speak to are really unhappy with their new hollands & much prefered their older TM's & TSA's ? not that i know much about them either but many are going the JD & CLASS route .

as for the UH models i do think it's poor that many models break just getting them out of the box  :( 

ooooh  !  ;D ;D ;D

seriously , lot of farmers i speak to are really unhappy with their new hollands & much prefered their older TM's & TSA's ? not that i know much about them either but many are going the JD & CLASS route .

as for the UH models i do think it's poor that many models break just getting them out of the box  :(

I know what you mean about claas they are becoming more and more popular all the time, the last farm i worked on was all masseys for 60 years and then in september went and bought a claas arion 640! Even though everybody says they're rubbish under powered and the cabs are cramped, i see what they mean however the controls and the comfort is brilliant, and it looks absoloutely stunning, we also had a massey 5475 on demo but i didn't like it even though it was pretty comfortable and a nippy little tractor, i would've preferred a John Deere 6930 but my boss wouldn't get one on demo, so my second choice would've been a massey 6490 even though i don't like massey they just seem better than claas and look a bit meatyer, but they didn't have a 6490 demonstrator in the area  :(

after all my palaver with this uh  model  i actually thought about punishing it buy painting it pink or some thing ,but then i thought how much this would cost me in the pocket ,not only in paint and materials but super glue alone , :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: would need about a 1 liter i recon ,

i have took siku ,wiking and britains apart with no dramas but these thing are like working with wafer biscuits so if any body asks me to paint a uh model i will have some very select words for them ;D ;D

after all my palaver with this uh  model  i actually thought about punishing it buy painting it pink or some thing ,but then i thought how much this would cost me in the pocket ,not only in paint and materials but super glue alone , :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: would need about a 1 liter i recon ,

i have took siku ,wiking and britains apart with no dramas but these thing are like working with wafer biscuits so if any body asks me to paint a uh model i will have some very select words for them ;D ;D

yep, i remember my mccormick ztx arrived with a front mudguard missing  >:(

ooooh  !  ;D ;D ;D

brand bashing with a wink though  ;) . Every brand has it's up and down's. And i think it widely depends on the availability and quality of the dealers in the area. Over here there is a move going on from JD and Fendt towards NH, Case and MF. Mostly because JD's dealerships have closed/become less and Fendt being too expensive in comparison for the HP needed.

but back to the subject in question. I believe the problem of models falling apart lies mostly in the use of the resin material. Before UH got on the market, we already had SpecCast using resin and although the detail was phenominal, the models are prone to breaking if not handled with extreme care. I believe the diecast Ertl and the superb quality of Siku Plastic are better suited to be handled a lot as in playing with the models..

But that discussion has already been here on the forum. And it always came down to the models being either produced as toys with the strict regulations that go with that, and models being produced as shelf models.

Huge blue presence in the fens around Cambridge with every 3rd tractor being a T6080 :)  Lots of JDs a good few Fendts and MFs only a few Cases and next to NO Claas (good)

My two T6090 models are fine except for stiff steering on full lock >:(  But must say the ROS 7070 is a class act and runs as smoothly as a Siku or Wiking and is definately a cut above UH if not quite up to Wikings standard.  Might even consider buying a 2nd one when the rebadged models T7.270 see the light of day ;)