New Holland T7060 with a siku linkage

dropped too easily, and it was too far in so when you had a trailer on the turning circle wasn't very good because it used to jack knife easily

I have a Brittains Magnum with that problem,it won't even hold up a trailer  :of

I have a Brittains Magnum with that problem,it won't even hold up a trailer  :of

That's just britains all over, haven't seen much of the new linkage yet though i'm hoping that will be a lot better than this one, but the fastrac 7230 is the other way round, it's so hard to get up, but so easy to drop, i think they've made it backwards

• 2 months later...

Find the same problem also with the Britains rear linkage. Have a NH 7060 & TS135A , even tough my lot takes the weight of the trailers i still find they are set too far in & i find hitching up my Siku Class silage trailers that the rear wheels rub the drawbar when turning & the linkage makes the drawbar look really short.  I think Britains were only thinking of there own Marston trailers when making those rear linkages.But even at that you cant atach Britains own foldup harrow to those tractors. Another blunder by Britains. What you have done there is a far better job. ;)

Thanks, but the britains trailers are just as bad on the britains tractors, and then when you do catch them on the drawbar, the hitch automatically drops down for some reason  :-\

Britains rear linkages were always hopeless for taking weight . I remember when i was a young carpet farmer :D having to strap an elastic band from the front weight under the front axle and back the casting to the rear linkage to hold up the silage trailers and steady the steering a little on my 5610s ,TWs & MF 2680s. Then they made another blunder by using wheel stubs on the rear wheels introduced in the mid 90s on the Renault 103.14 i think ,which came lose after playwear in very little time and the rear wheels then started to woble & eventualy fall off. Britains done alot of silly things alright. ::)

I used to pick up royal mail elastic bands on the way home from school, then when i was lifting something heavy with the 7930 or something, i would put the elastic band under the lift arms and then over the rear mudguards and round the front of the cab to hold it up, and it worked  :D

I used to pick up royal mail elastic bands on the way home from school, then when i was lifting something heavy with the 7930 or something, i would put the elastic band under the lift arms and then over the rear mudguards and round the front of the cab to hold it up, and it worked  :D

I think Britains have finaly got their act together now cause UH & Siku are giving them a serious run for their money.

Speaking of linkages Josh & considering your a big JD man by the looks of it,did you see my JD 131 front mower conversion on my JD 7530 with modified front linkage. Only finshed it 2 weeks ago.  Pics of it on Implements conversion page. Hope you like. :)

hi i've done this convo on two of my 7060's and managed to put a screw through  the top of the original pto guard then glue for extra strength works well , i  got fed up with the old linkage on them, so glad they finaly soerted a proper linkage out for all the new tractors they release.  i have the massey and case 1056 and the linkage on those works great .

daz

hi i've done this convo on two of my 7060's and managed to put a screw through  the top of the original pto guard then glue for extra strength works well , i  got fed up with the old linkage on them, so glad they finaly soerted a proper linkage out for all the new tractors they release.  i have the massey and case 1056 and the linkage on those works great .

daz

New linkages are better alright. Even tough it took Britains almost 40 years to sort it out.  :laugh:.While Siku & UH got it right from near day one.  :laugh: