Bringing a Britains TW back to life.

justy 46

Question

I have an old Britains FORD 8830 which i found at the bottom of a junk box in my parents attic. It belonged to my younger brother a nice while back. Its a pure wreck & i MEAN wreck! All its cab is cracked,its bonnet cracked,no exsaust,wheel missing & other 3 lose & its castings paint is marked & pealing. ! I have it stripped now,casting painted & all the new parts on the way from Dave Towse. It sould be as fresh as the day it left its box. Its also going to end up as a TW-25 & not a 8830. The plastic wheel studs on the rear will be the only giveaway as it will not have the steel wheelbar like the Britains TW-25 or 35. Call me a cheap skate, but a boxed TW is making almost £100+ on ebay. This will only cost me £25 ish. ;):) I will post pics of it ,as i build it soon.

1 answer to this question