Ferguson Brown

DBfan

Question

9 answers to this question

Jack, I built one from a 1:86 white metal kit. Forget who the manufacturer was but if I can find the box I'll let you know. A good detailed model for the scale, a bit fiddely to build if you've got fat fingers. A good superglue is adequate to put it all together. Have only ever seen this particular Ferguson Brown, never seen another in any scale.

I recall the name Brown Models being advertised in the first published tractor magazine called Vintage Tractor but I can only remember them doing Fordson E27N's to be honest.

On the Ebay model something about the curvature of the wings at the top don't look right in comparison to the real deal but that's my opinion.

08112010055.jpg

I recall the name Brown Models being advertised in the first published tractor magazine called Vintage Tractor but I can only remember them doing Fordson E27N's to be honest.

On the Ebay model something about the curvature of the wings at the top don't look right in comparison to the real deal but that's my opinion.

I remember the E27N as my father made one up, 30 + years ago . They occasionally turn up on eBay

I believe they also made some John Deere's as well as other tractor models.

I see what you mean about the wings, worse though is the sagging front axle  ???

There was a rumour about licensing irregularities, but it was only a rumour  ;)

The model I have, as I said, was a 1:86 white metal kit with steel wheels. I was not aware that Brown's did one in the 1:32 scale, I know they did the E27N as a kit and also a Field Marshall, I have the E27N which I bought also as a white metal kit, there was a short article in one of the early 'Model Farmer' magazines on Brown's models. Brown's also did a Shire horse with harness kit as well.

thanks for that link i will be keeping an eye on it for a while now

forgot to mention that it was  1:32 scale  i am looking for or am thinking of making will see if i get this one on ebay

many thanks Jack