Josh's work.

JoshParkinson

Well i recieved a phone call yesterday morning to say they were getting a bit behind and needed a hand to finish harvest and to get on with some cultivations, and since most of their land you can get to without touching public roads, i was up for the job.

it's a family run 590 acre arable farm compiling of OSR, peas, wheat, linseed, sugar beet and potatoes so a nice variety. They also rent some land to put potatoes on.

Tractors are:

JD 6800

JD 6820

JD 6920s

New Holland T7050 Auto Command

So yesterday we were grain carting with the 6820 and T7050 from the New Holland TX66 (20' cut), and although i'm a big John Deere man, the pulling power on the T7050 is colossal!

First up some pictures, videos to follow later when i get them on youtube.

DSCF3749.jpg

DSCF3751.jpg

DSCF3752.jpg

DSCF3755.jpg

DSCF3756.jpg

DSCF3757.jpg

Some videos.

First up, me cruisin' in the 6820 (testing out my new camera suction mount).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3Uwx6nRWW0

Then a walkaround the T7050 and Ken Wootton trailer that i was also using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0mdGQfKd6g&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

And finally, in the T7050 following the combine in the dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu52uyT1MwI&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Ahh she's alright Tris, had her doing 50k for the first time today, and i love the fact you can pull 14 tonne of grain and not know you've got it on the back, not forgetting the leather seats  :-*, but i do love the 6820, screwed out to 205 horse so she pulls like a train as well.

I must get some pictures of the yard and the grain going up into the bins etc with the 6800 on the sucker blower, i'm on either the 6820 or T7050 tomorrow morning on field work so will get some more pictures, i don't think the combining will go for a few days now until the crop's a bit more fit to cut.

Lucky lad you are Josh. Love them JD's and that NH is really nice. That herc picture is great as well. And the gear stick on your 6820 is like the one we have on the 6930, like we were talking about the other week

Cheers, and yeah, certainly a step up from the Massey 6465 and Claas Arion 640 i used to drive!

And ahh yeah, the powerquad gear stick, didn't think they used them on Autoquad on the 30 series but they must have done at one point, but the gearbox on the 68 is powerquad.

And ahh yeah, the powerquad gear stick, didn't think they used them on Autoquad on the 30 series but they must have done at one point, but the gearbox on the 68 is powerquad.

Its an 08 so maybe it was used on the first ones. Our 6920S is autoqaud and thats pretty much the same cabwise just has another button on the stick.

Whats the NH like in the cab? Ive heard a few people say the plastic feels a bit cheap in them

Its an 08 so maybe it was used on the first ones. Our 6920S is autoqaud and thats pretty much the same cabwise just has another button on the stick.

Whats the NH like in the cab? Ive heard a few people say the plastic feels a bit cheap in them

Personally i think it's lovely, the only downside is the John Deere greenstar thing on the steering wheel which gets in the way a bit, it is a bit plasticy but it's lovely and big and i get on well with it, everything is to hand, Auto Command is so easy to use, but you just have to do small adjustments as if you're going along at 50k, pull it back a bit keen and it will slow down to about 1.6, you just have to do it a bit steadily and have the brakes at the ready.

Been an... eventful day today! I was loading soil/rotten potatoes again this morning with the Loadall, with the New Holland T7050 and John Deere 6800 carting away from me, anyway the T7050 turned up a bit later and the lad said he wanted a load to take down to where he got the combine stuck earlier on in the season, i said do you want a small load then so you don't risk sinking again? He goes nahh full load mate! So i stuck a decent sized load on it, must have weighed even more since it was wet, anyway off he went, and then i was just loading the 6800 when a hydraulic pipe burst, oil everywhere, so that was the loadall out of action for the afternoon, anyway the lad on the 6800 rang the boss to say what had happened, the bosses reply was 'i can't right now, going to pull the T7050 out!' It had rolled into the same hole the combine got stuck in and sank like a submarine. So two problems sprung up at once, and then we tried combining some spring wheat this afternoon, got 13 acres done in just over an hour as it was a thin crop, went to try the last field of spring wheat and it was still green, so we packed up and bought the tractors back, and the best bit is, i've got a day off tomorrow!

DSCF3810.jpg

DSCF3812.jpg

DSCF3814.jpg

After the pipe burst i was waiting for the boss to get back, so i took a few pictures of around the yard.

DSCF3816.jpg

New rape drill with home made mounting to go on the Ultra-Tilth!

DSCF3817.jpg

Sucker blower to go into the bins.

DSCF3819.jpg

Had the day off today so it gave me a chance to upload some videos.

Firstly, the John Deere 6820 with duals on, cab view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35yXzABXsyE

Then the 6820 again this time an outside view, you may have to skip a bit to get to it, but even so i didn't quite have the camera at the right angle, never mind!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDSVqTs2l2o&feature=related

Loading rotten potatoes/soil/everything else with the JCB Loadall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzIbgr9SJOQ&feature=related

Bringing the T7050 home down the little lanes and roadways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgx9q0yd5W4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Finally finished loading soil today, just got to level it off in the morning.

Afterwards we started carting rotten bales (yes there seems to be a theme of rotten things this week!) into a heap to be burnt, Andy was on the T7050 with the flat bed and then i was on the 6800 with the dumper carting all the bales that had fallen to bits.

DSCF3855.jpg

Then after he put some broken bales on, he decided he would use my trailer as a flatbed too!

DSCF3854.jpg

Then this is how they ended up...

DSCF3857.jpg