Tarland Show 2011

BC

Despite being damp underfoot yesterday morning was dry above so I decided to attend the Tarland Show which includes a vintage tractor section and a small truck show with a model tent as well.

The tractors were very crowded together so taking photos was not easy so I only got a few really.

ST835967.jpg

ST835966.jpg

ST835965.jpg

ST835964.jpg

ST835963.jpg

ST835962.jpg

Should maybe start calling it a Truck show Bill ;D That's some turnout,very impressive,those Eric Gillie horse box's are something else,seen a few of those around here now and then,there's an awful lot of trainers etc round here,here's a link to the Gillie site http://ericgillie.co.uk/index.php?mact=Gallery,m6e73e,default,1&m6e73edir=general&m6e73ereturnid=24&page=24

Regards

Joe.

Yes Joe if it was not for the lorries and the tractors it would have been a very small show and I would not have attended. It is two of the Nicol of Skene drivers who organise the truck part and this is the second year it has been there. There are no truck shows locally apart from the Angus Show and the Peterhead week one so they decided to start one up and it has been very good.

I thought the horse box was new but I spoke to one of the chaps who was with it and said it was two years old. A tractor lorry exhibitor said that it cost around £ 250k. Seems a lot but I don't know who well it is kitted out apart for a shot I took from the passenger door. I didn't smell  any horse only leather ;) ;)

I know there are a few of you on here like myself who have an interest in lorries so I thought I would share my photos anyway.

ST835899.jpg

Thanks Mark and yes I don't think the sleepy village of Tarland has seen six T cabs in it at any one time ;) ;)

J&G Riddell of Glenkindie own the two blue ones and the maroon one although only SV08 HJB is used for working ...the other two are just for show and play.