mowing silage

civilpek

sure do, powerstar, the loader comes off in a matter of minutes, last year the way we worked it was we had the 6810 carting from mid may till about the end of june as pit silage is very busy that time while baled silage is relatively quiter, but from about july on we put the 6810 at bales flat out til the end of the season. i have to say i rather doing the pit but theres alot more money to be made at the bales so im happy enuf to do it and besides i still get to do all the nice pit jobs so im not complaining

will  be a much nicer outfit this year with the new harvester and loading shovel on the seen, and as far a si know theres 3 new tractors coming too but the boss wont say much about them so im guessing that deal isnt finalised yet or something

cheers powerstar, give it a couple of weeks when it all starts again, and ill post up a topic describing each day at work showing pics of the gear and the various farm gear etc. up to recently i was only using an ordinary camera but with the digital one i should be able to take a lot more pictures and stuff, hopefully with the new server my computer at home will be able to open the forum papes as last year it couldnt if not i can email the pics to someone or whatever  :)

Very nice indeed, big old field too. He has some nice kit Alan, nice bloke to work for?

i have to say Tris that he is sound out in fairness, he gets excited now and then from time to time but all in all hes sound out, a great man for telling stories about the olden days when things were "good" haha and hes the fairest guy i know to pay, he even paid me ?800 last year when i was gone away for two weeks holidays to Majorca and im not full time like, as well as that he brings ice cream to the field now and then  ;)

the only problem with him is it takes ages to build up trust with him especially if your a new guy. generally if you arrive on his fleet and the first job your given is carting silage well thats more or less what youll be doing for the rest of your days there with dump trailers or something in the winter

luckyily for me i came working for him from another contractor so i had a fair ol bit of experience compared to a lot of guys so i was given a bit more leway from the start, and the only thing i havent driven is the harvester which i prob wont ever get to drive for him id say cos thats like his baby  ::)

You can't blame him for getting a wee bit excited now and then, with over 300K in ne field at any one time during silage I think most contractors do. He sounds like a diamond of a bloke though, ICE CREAM?!!! He is spoiling you!!