Ford 3000 ??? overturned

BC

Reading the post of the overturned John Deere 7820 reminded me of what I think was a Ford 3000 which was also overturned. This photo must have been taken on an SLR camera a long long time ago.

How did this happen...well it was quite a while after the event before I got the real story ;) ;)

ST838937.jpg

ST838936.jpg

Well as you can see the field is on a slope Dominic. The gate was was at the top of the field and unfortunately after getting off the tractor once in the field to close the gate the driver well ....forgot to apply the handbrake ;D ;D

It was about 7 years ago now, may be a little longer, one tends to forget detail but a local farmer in the next village whome I knew all my life, had some land around the village which he rented, his day job was with the Council, on the roads. He had 2 ex Council MF300 series tractors and one particular day he sopped in his field gateway, just off the main road, to open the gate. The gateway was on a downward slope and when he was opening the gate, the tractor took off and knocked him down. They found the tractor in the field, still running 4 hours later, the farmer was found dead in the gateway. It was never said what actually happened, some say that the handbrake flew off because it was not appled properly, others said that the handbrake didn't work anyway. The Ford driver was lucky!

Yes Tim the only damage being to the tractor.

I can remember seeing another overturned tractor in my time but no photos I'm afraid. It was either a International 374 or 474 certainly one of the smaller ones. The farm work was on his way home in the tractor at tea time and unfortunately when he turned off the main road and up the hill he did so too fast and struck the wall and the tractor flipped over. Again the driver was not hurt but the thing we all had a laugh about was when he went to take his piece bag out of the tractor he also took out a dead duck. Obviously he had killed one of the farm ducks for the pot. The look on the tractor drivers face was priceless but the one on the farmers wife face was even better. If looks could have killed that tractor driver would have been dead ;D ;D