Cheechi & Magli module planter

I like to base my model layout around vegetable farming as this is where my interest lies. Unfortunately model manufacturers do not produce model vegetable machinery so it either has to be scratch built or converted.

Last year BOR made me my dream model of a veg packer. This year I wanted to do a layout representing field activities that happen in June. I wanted to recreate a cabbage planting scene with a Cheechi & Magli module cabbage planter . www.checchiemagli.com

I contacted Ciaran Dunne and he said to get some pictures and measurements and he would have a go at making it.

Ciaran started the build and kept me upto date with regular email updates. He brought the model to Moira Show just in time for my planting scene. I was delighted with the model and the detail and accuracy he put into it is excellent. He deserves alot of credit for this build especially as he never seen one in real life and only based it on photos and measurements.

A few photos of the model

DSCF7469.jpg

DSCF7471.jpg

DSCF7474.jpg

DSCF7478.jpg

DSCF7477.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...