Massey Ferguson seed drills - 29, 30, 500

SPN

No information on the 510 drill mate I'm sorry to say... I'll have a scratch about in my various literature places to see what I can dig up, but production figures are not available (from me anyway)... I can't add anything else to this either as the 510 was not launched until after I left MF's employ  :-[

The 500 was indeed a mildly tweaked MF30 mate ... MF130 was not MF's only attempt at direct drilling.. but I believe it was for the UK market at least.

Peter... thanks for sharing those images buddy.... it's nice to see a 'real unit' .. quite a rare piece you have in your family collection there, given the low production figures.. most of which would have been sold around here I would guess too  :-\

Farmer Franks MF drill.

DSCF6184.jpg

DSCF6185.jpg

ah see quite a few about like the one i posted earlier , but most i see are half burried in the ground have been pushed about with a loader , flatening them or just rusted out scrap now

No information on the 510 drill mate I'm sorry to say... I'll have a scratch about in my various literature places to see what I can dig up, but production figures are not available (from me anyway)... I can't add anything else to this either as the 510 was not launched until after I left MF's employ  :-[ 

thanks mate

any info on these 510 drills mark , how many were made & how much of an impact they made considering they came into a pretty well established market with the dominant sellers like accord

We had a 4m one at Lackham when I was there, don't know if was git rid of in their clear out or not. I also know of a 6m Vicon variant which was bought on eBay for under £700 and in first class condition. It's a well liked drill for lighter or well worked seedbeds.

We had a 4m one at Lackham when I was there, don't know if was git rid of in their clear out or not. I also know of a 6m Vicon variant which was bought on eBay for under £700 and in first class condition. It's a well liked drill for lighter or well worked seedbeds.

I'm pretty sure the one at Lacham has left but they have a 4m vicon one similar to that style that just gets used around the workshops.

any info on these 510 drills mark , how many were made & how much of an impact they made considering they came into a pretty well established market with the dominant sellers like accord & the like ?

I remember looking at a 510 to replace the 30, but I thought they were relatively light and I didn't like the multi-point metering and bought, as you suggest above, a 4m Accord, which was also cheaper.

• 4 months later...

this is a the African way of drilling Sean E baby... MF style anyway

MF38BoxSeeder_Page_1.jpg

It don't come more simple than that really

More chance of that going into hard ground without drying the seedbed out as much I'd of thought.Drag a set of harrows/roller along after and hey presto your sorghum is drilled.