Sad Tractors

Leakeyvale

It's a 2D Sue, market garden type tractor made between 1958-61, looks like this. A very desirable and now quite rare tractor.

[img alt=David Brown 2D Farm Tractors - width=137 height=103]http://images-partners-tbn.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRICYi54EJyLtHO9-Ho-TslK6KxlWIVtJwJomOVrPjJWAiXnzJmJEkG9qQ:farm2.staticflickr.com/1304/4702781850_3a418238d1_z.jpg

Thanks for that - I will pass on the info to my friend.  It isn't his though - he saw it in a front garden!

Oh my god Sue if that is what is lurking in the front garden I would dearly like to see what treasures he has tucked away in his back garden ;D ;D .

The only Pattison I know off Sue is the golf course one and has the model T Ford engine and transmission and looks like the one below. Is the Pattison hidden behind or does your friend mean the two wheel machine which is sitting on top of the DB 2D ???

08112010051.jpg

The golf  'buggie' Bill is interesting. Did you know that Arnold Palmers father purchased one that used Model T Ford engine and chassis many years ago for his course in the USA? I have a model of it. Described as 'Arnie's tractor', it was bought by his father in the late 1940's for ground maitenance hence the butt on the back. It's 1:12 scale.

ArniesTractor.jpg

Interesting to know about the model Tim. I recall selling a tractor transporter at a museum sale one weekend back in 1992 and there was one of the real Pattison's for sale and it made only £ 300. I did consider bidding  since I thought it was cheap but didn't at the time. Had I done I don't know how much the actual buyer would have paid for it. I have been told value wise a real Pattison is worth around £ 6k now  but then again only worth that if a buyer is prepared to pay that amount.

The only Pattison I know off Sue is the golf course one and has the model T Ford engine and transmission and looks like the one below. Is the Pattison hidden behind or does your friend mean the two wheel machine which is sitting on top of the DB 2D ???

Not sure, Bill.  He saw the DB when he was delivering some models to a collector (Oliver is the owner of World Collector).  He told me about the DB when he came for the collection of AM models that he sold for me and sent the photo yesterday.  Checking his email he says " David Brown tractor - slumped in the front garden of a house next to an equally sad Pattisson."

I don't know if this second picture is better

post-1227-132640038724_thumb.jpg

Not sure, Bill.  He saw the DB when he was delivering some models to a collector (Oliver is the owner of World Collector).  He told me about the DB when he came for the collection of AM models that he sold for me and sent the photo yesterday.  Checking his email he says " David Brown tractor - slumped in the front garden of a house next to an equally sad Pattisson."

I don't know if this second picture is better

Yes Sue I can see a second steering wheel and the bulk head so I'm sure if your friend identified it as a Pattison it will be similar to the one I photographed at the Symington's in Strathkinnes when I did the article on their tractors against the ones they had models of earlier this year.

Now what really intrigues me is that two wheeled horticultural looking tractor is that is sitting beside the DB 2D.

If you look above D.B. and just below the spoked wheel there looks to be a Lister engine there as well by the look of that exhaust perforated pot and on the top and just behind another sort of engine or large pump of some sort.

If you look above D.B. and just below the spoked wheel there looks to be a Lister engine there as well by the look of that exhaust perforated pot and on the top and just behind another sort of engine or large pump of some sort.

Yes Tim I see what you are looking at .....oh I would love to have a look around that establishment ;D ;D ;D