View over the hedge....

Gav836

Started ploughing on another field at 5pm tonight and managed to snap a picture of this beast subsoiling. Hope to be able to talk to the driver and/or get some more pic's of it tomorrow. Was taken while i was turning on the headland so is a bit blurred

post-334-132638517412_thumb.jpg

he'd been down there all day, i'd ploughed one 32 acre bit already by the time i got onto that bit. And in answer to your daft question, how the heck should i know if he carried on tonight as i was on my way home. Is this a numptyfiable comment i wonder  ???:D :D :D :D

Random thing to call someone  :D :D

its a Norfolk thing although to pronounce it right it should be taarnip, not turnip  ;D:D :D :D

Nice pic Gavin...... :) :)

Now, a query for the John Deere fans - is it more modern than an 8640?  ;)

Cheers Martin, hope i can get some better pics tomorrow, he's had it for 2 years but it's the first time i've seen the thing close up, never usually near to where they are using it

Cheers Martin, hope i can get some better pics tomorrow, he's had it for 2 years but it's the first time i've seen the thing close up, never usually near to where they are using it

Would be good to see them Gav...... :) :)

One of my local farmers has recently bought an old artic John Deere 8640 (pics have been posted on here before) and it looks like a pretty nice machine...... :)

Would be good to see them Gav...... :) :)

One of my local farmers has recently bought an old artic John Deere 8640 (pics have been posted on here before) and it looks like a pretty nice machine...... :)

this one looks immaculate, but he only buys spotless secondhand stuff, and it has to be green  ;):D

Mart - It could well be a 8640 although I would lean more towards an 8440.  :)

Might be able to answer that one tomorrow, if i can't see it, i'll ask the driver on the CB as i found their channel tonight  ;D

Well there's some bad news and some good news here, the artic JD is standing in their yard, but it has been temporarily replaced with the local dealers 8520 demonstrater on tracks, and i just happened to have the camera with me  ;D

post-334-132638517898_thumb.jpg

The gps was brilliant, he turned up next to the subsoiled work and the gap between the new bout and existing was exactly one subsoiler width wide when he came back up the field. A better pic showing the tracks slightly clearer

post-334-132638517962_thumb.jpg

Nice pics Gav......That is some beast...... :o:) :)

Does the artic have a problem or is it just because the tracked John Deere is in on demo?

You should have heard it growling with that subsoiler on! Think it's just because this is on demo, the blokes have been too far away to chat to on the cb, just been getting the odd bit of their chatter, heard something about a breakdown, think they were talking about a stone picker though