Scottish National Tractor Show At Lanark On 22 / 23 September 2012

BC

The Scottish National Tractor show will be held on the weekend of 22 / 23 of September 2012 at the Lawrie and Symington Mart in Lanark. I was late in getting my act together last year and ended up staying at a hotel in Abington. This year I though I would book early but most of the close by hotels in Lanark are already booked. I then tried the Tinto Hotel in Biggar which I stayed at a couple of years ago and they wanted £ 144 for B&B. Anyway I have booked into a 4 Star guest house in Larkhall called the Old School Guest House with B&B for £35 which is only 14 miles from the event.

Any FTF members planning attending this show :huh:

• 4 months later...

Entry forms filled in and posted back, best get my act together now and sort a display out :laugh: Got one or two ideas for something different so will have to wait and see ::)

Plus theres still time to find a couple more carrier bags for you Bill :)

Edited by Valley Axe Man

Yes I got entry forms in as well Paul but I'm not hauling a tractor down that far. Looking forward to the weekend already irrespective of the weather since most of it is indoors.

Thats a good plus point to the auction mart site at Lanark, no matter what the weather the bulk of it is under cover, so apart from nipping out to the auction or to grab a few photo's there's no real need to venture out if the weather turns bad.

You displaying a few models then Bill? :huh:

No Paul not displaying only buying from G&M and the other traders and taking photo's and speaking to tractor and model exhibitors....I'm not one to stand in the same place too long ;D ;D

No worries then Bill, guess i'd best make sure there something good on the table and not to forget those bags! :)

Plus your mum's cakes Paul ;D ;D

Hi Bill both me and Alfie will be there, like Paul entry form filled in and posted.

Andy & Alfie

Look forward to having a chat with you Andy and seeing Alfie one year older ;D ;D

• 1 month later...

I had a email from Damian & Hazel the other day and that reminded me Lanark is five weeks this weekend away. I know Joe Dewar aka catkcom3 is exhibiting this year. I must drop Kenny and Shirley Beeton an email and see what other exhibitors are planning to display models other than those who have responded in earlier posts.

I spoke with Kenny and Shirley a couple of days ago Bill, they were asking if Andy (ashcon) Hodkinson was displaying again this year, i'm not 100% sure but know he's off on a big contract soon so time will tell with him ??? . Both Andrew Anderson and his partner Carol are both having displays. Then there'll be the usual (non local)suspects from Cumbria, Yorkshire and Lancashire to keep an eye on ;)

They did mention that the displays will be upstairs again in the Function Room, warm, well lit and carpeted, it great in there after years of standing out in the pens (although some did say we were animals!!! :laugh: :laugh: )

• 3 weeks later...

2 weeks to go :) , Displays packed and sorted, Just a couple of odds and ends to tidy up but nearly ready for it ;)

Now that is what I called organised Paul. I'm just home from a three day / night training course trip to London so that only leaves me tomorrow to get a tractor ready for Scone Palace on Sunday....its so nice to be organised and ready in advance but it does not always work out that way.

Be good to see you David, in the past i've done diorama's and scenes as well as displays of collections, Leyland, Nuffield, and then did special display of my late dads Ford and Fordson collection last year but i've been working on something abit different this year and hope it looks good when its set up. My 1/16th Forestry diorama has taken a seat on the back burner for now, but it'll be first time out at lanark for my new project. :)

Sometimes it doesn't pay to be too far ahead Bill, i've been known to take stock at the 11th hour just to make sure everything present and then its a marathon job trying to re-pack and load up at the same time :laugh: :laugh:

Not long to go now and I think I'm as organised as I can be. I have printed off quite a number of front covers of MODEL Farmer and Tractors Plant and Machinery to help publise Andy's old and new magazine.

And last but not least poster for the third North East Model Farm & Construction show to be held at the Hilton Treetops Hotel in Aberdeen on Sunday 5th May 2013 from 10am until 4pm.