Out and About with BOB 2013 updates

MF-ROB

After work today I got home as soon as I could as I knew there would be guys working today as it was one of the best days yet :D

some heres the pictures theres alot hope you like them the fleet was MF6290, MF6470, MF7480, MF6495, MF6499 and a JCB Loadall.

They also had another MF away drilling I hope to follow these guy through the year.

008-32_zpsad13edef.jpg

009-27_zps113bbe96.jpg

010-23_zps3bb10551.jpg

012-21_zps1ef7346a.jpg

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now your talking bob,great photos,last one very arty

I knew you would like them Paul as Massey man like myself :D I was like a big kid in the field was there for most of the day there's a lot more to come Paul

Thanks David no where as good as your work but I hope to get there some day :)

That's very kind of you to say Bob, thank you. It's great to see someone else on the forum with lots of enthusiasm towards taking photographs of working machinery in their "natural habitat," and that certainly shows in your latest set of potato planting photographs. Whilst a lot more of my machinery visits are planned now, there is still nothing like the anticipation of heading out into the countryside not knowing what you may find working around the next corner. It's a very rewarding hobby. :)

That's very kind of you to say Bob, thank you. It's great to see someone else on the forum with lots of enthusiasm towards taking photographs of working machinery in their "natural habitat," and that certainly shows in your latest set of potato planting photographs. Whilst a lot more of my machinery visits are planned now, there is still nothing like the anticipation of heading out into the countryside not knowing what you may find working around the next corner. It's a very rewarding hobby. :)

Your spot on there David its just the best feeling when you go out and you come across a fleet of tractors working hard. Do you ever be at your friends yard the guys that had the MF3085,MF7475 and the MF6480 or the guys with the pair of MF8160's ?

Certainly planning on visiting them this year. My friends with the 3085, 7475 and 6480 have upgraded combines this year, and have replaced their Claas Dominator 98 with a Massey Ferguson 7200 series machine. Whilst my friends with the pair of 8160 tractors are toying with the idea of purchasing a third example or going more modern with a 6499. We'll just have to wait and see. I've several other Massey related fleets i'm hoping to visit on my travels this year. Keep the pictures coming Robert, you have some lovely countryside to photograph machinery against. Really enjoying following your thread. :) 

Cant wait to see these Massey fleets David :D yeah would like to see a few pictures of them again I going to try now and save up for a good  camera as I think you need something  good to zoom when your in the field as the Iphone hasnt the best zoom on it. Thanks for the kind comments David I am blessed with the country side around me I could spend all day out.

Cant wait to see these Massey fleets David :D yeah would like to see a few pictures of them again I going to try now and save up for a good  camera as I think you need something  good to zoom when your in the field as the Iphone hasnt the best zoom on it. Thanks for the kind comments David I am blessed with the country side around me I could spend all day out.

You're very welcome. A lack of zoom capability was one of the main reasons I upgraded, that, and the fact i'd just about worn out my previous Sony compact digital camera. It's certainly worth doing your home work and research when buying a new camera. You don't necessarily need to spend thousands and thousands on a camera to take decent photographs. My current Panasonic DMC- FZ38 is effectively 5 years old now and cost me just over £200. It's a 12.2 megapixel "bridge" camera with 18x optical zoom.  That last destoning photograph you have posted from post 258 is a very well composed picture. :)

You're very welcome. A lack of zoom capability was one of the main reasons I upgraded, that, and the fact i'd just about worn out my previous Sony compact digital camera. It's certainly worth doing your home work and research when buying a new camera. You don't necessarily need to spend thousands and thousands on a camera to take decent photographs. My current Panasonic DMC- FZ38 is effectively 5 years old now and cost me just over £200. It's a 12.2 megapixel "bridge" camera with 18x optical zoom.  That last destoning photograph you have posted from post 258 is a very well composed picture. :)

Thanks for the tips David might just pick up the same camera that you have as your happy with it and you use it for the same work I will yous it for.

Do you think any of them would be power of the land comp ?

Whats going on?? Which order are they working??

1, Cutivator

2. Power harrow and ridger

3. Destoner

4. Planter

Is this correct, or is the destoner before the power harrow and ridger????

I can never tell!!!!    :)

As always Bob, your photos are top notch. Nice fleet of Masseys.

Thanks Scott for your kind words

Whats going on?? Which order are they working??

1, Cutivator

2. Power harrow and ridger

3. Destoner

4. Planter

Is this correct, or is the destoner before the power harrow and ridger? ???

I can never tell!!!!    :)

Barry Barry Barry my old chum its

1,Cutivator

2.Rotavator and ridger in one pass

3.destone

4.plant

Also, what is on the front of the planter (in the hopper), is it fertaliser that is fed in with the spudlets??

yes you got it in one its a fert hopper which the fert is droped in before the spuds

Last spud pic

065-1_zps7ba26e71.jpg

now we move onto my local contractor Peter Lynch who bales our silage ect met him drilling the last few fields on his farm

He has now changed his NH T6070 for a T6090

066-1_zpscb61ead4.jpg

067_zps141497f0.jpg

068_zps6a82bf25.jpg

Then Peter's main man James that works for him turned up in Peter's MF6480 and drill the MF6480 is now sporting a new set of 800's on the back which set her off real well :D

070_zps8f8aaed1.jpg

071_zpsa6af904b.jpg

073_zps4ec4a218.jpg

Archived