massey ferguson 7499

not doing a lot to this model,just resprayed the wheels with the correct colour,SAPPHIRE GREY,genuine mf paint,driver in cab,and one awful attempt at flairing the rear mudguards which failed,might try it again,or i might be the only one with a 7499 that doesnt have wide rear mudguards

post-1769-0-79957000-1333654712_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-09126700-1333654722_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-49344600-1333654736_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-54064600-1333654750_thumb.jp

i got mine this week and i don't like the front wheels. i was going to put row crops on it but the front wheels i have were to small so a re think is needed. your wheels look alot better in that colour too. i thought about trying to match the britains 7480 rear wings and the uh cab together but i haven't got the 7480 yet so i don't know how bigger job that would be . looking forward to seeing how this one turns out mate

i got mine this week and i don't like the front wheels. i was going to put row crops on it but the front wheels i have were to small so a re think is needed. your wheels look alot better in that colour too. i thought about trying to match the britains 7480 rear wings and the uh cab together but i haven't got the 7480 yet so i don't know how bigger job that would be . looking forward to seeing how this one turns out mate

hi nathan,i had exactly the same idea about putting on the britains rear mudguards,but the britains rear mudguards/floorpan opening for the cab is wider than the uh cab,the only way to do it is use the britains floorpan/mudguards and britains cab,but the britains cab is crap compared to the uh cab,also this combination does not meet nicely with the uh bonnet,it leaves a very big gap between cab and bonnet,the only way is to do what fenside and bor done and flair the uh mudguards yourself,the uh wheel colour is miles off nathan,nothing like the real deal Edited by paulali

hi nathan,i had exactly the same idea about putting on the britains rear mudguards,but the britains rear mudguards/floorpan opening for the cab is wider than the uh cab,the only way to do it is use the britains floorpan/mudguards and britains cab,but the britains cab is crap compared to the uh cab,also this combination does not meet nicely with the uh bonnet,it leaves a very big gapbetween cab and bonnet,the only way is to do what fenside and bor done and flair the uh mudguards yourself,the uh wheel colour is miles off nathan,nothing like the real deal

thanks for the heads up on that rear wings problem paul.i might just leave it then.

Could you tell me how to get the cab off the 7499?

sure can ab,get a very thin flat headed screwdriver,and gently lift the bonnet up from the front,then you will see a screw holding the cab on at the base of the windscreen,thanks to fenside mf,who told me that tip Edited by paulali

I did much the same to mine last year Paulali plus changed the tyres to a set of Sikus. However seeing how darn good the new UH MF7624 looks I expect I will buy one of those but maybe switch the 7499 wheels and tyres over to it as I think double wheel weights for a 230hp tractor are overkill.

It depends on what looks best ???

Anyone know when 7624 is out?

sure can ab,get a very thin flat headed screwdriver,and gently lift the bonnet up from the front,then you will see a screw holding the cab on at the base of the windscreen,thanks to fenside mf,who told me that tip

Thanks, got it all dismantled now ready for painting

jamie's (fenside mf) floorpan/mudguards came today,all flared and sprayed for me,very proffesionally done,big thanks jamie,all fitted back together,i have to admit,looks great now,so a recap of whats been done

driver added

correct colour sprayed on wheels and wheel nuts

jamies flared and sprayed rear mudguards,

i think it could do with a front weight,just to finish it off

post-1769-0-27100300-1334315049_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-44776400-1334315060_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-16598400-1334315072_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-66356800-1334315086_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-53310800-1334315099_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-56630900-1334315115_thumb.jp

That looks smart Paul and much better over the standard 7499.A nice big weight block will finish it off nicely,how about a gps system on the roof as well

thanks to you jamie it looks correct,do you know,i never even thought of the gps,wonder if ive got one in my spare parts box?