westpoint on 1st july

nathan

ps and thanks for saying 'hello' this time Peter!

Well you were 'free' when I was there! You saw my purchase, not quite farm related though!! See you at Shepton in September?

Edited by PDH

When I left it was very quiet on the front door so when I claimed my 'early entry' fee back, that's another story, I was asked by the two women on the door as to how I thought it was going, I told them that it appeared to have been organised very well and that the majority of the old regular stallholders had come and several new ones, ones that probably follow the Bulldog fairs who were reasonably situated to attend Exeter, and that all the stallholders I spoke to seemed to be jolly and happy, smiling and having a good day despite some not having at that time done a lot of selling and were enjoying the atmosphere as were the public. They were very pleased with what I told them, they said the fair was a bit of an experiment really as they didn't know quite what to expext. I told them that to promote it more they should advertise the next fairs there in all the newspapers that cover the SW of England as I did not see that it was advertised in any of our local papers and not just rely on their website and word of mouth. I think they took good notice of my comments. Well, I enjoed it, it was a good atmosphere.

i think maybe more people would have gone if it had been raining . A nice sunny day and we were in doors and today its peeing down.i did notice the lack of teddy and fluffy toy stalls. i think its good to have a show at westpoint again myself. It was a nice change to have other brands of farm models to buy which mandy bought along than the usual UH,britains and siku stuff.I'm glad you had a good show mandy and i expect me and phil will have more from you next time.

When I left it was very quiet on the front door so when I claimed my 'early entry' fee back, that's another story, I was asked by the two women on the door as to how I thought it was going, I told them that it appeared to have been organised very well and that the majority of the old regular stallholders had come and several new ones, ones that probably follow the Bulldog fairs who were reasonably situated to attend Exeter, and that all the stallholders I spoke to seemed to be jolly and happy, smiling and having a good day despite some not having at that time done a lot of selling and were enjoying the atmosphere as were the public. They were very pleased with what I told them, they said the fair was a bit of an experiment really as they didn't know quite what to expext. I told them that to promote it more they should advertise the next fairs there in all the newspapers that cover the SW of England as I did not see that it was advertised in any of our local papers and not just rely on their website and word of mouth. I think they took good notice of my comments. Well, I enjoed it, it was a good atmosphere.

I agree, Tim - it definitely needs more publicity. Stu gave me handfuls of leaflets to mail with local (ish) orders and I'll post it up on Facebook and the website. All the traders need to have a hand in promoting it too. It's in all our interest.

From my observations and the atmosphere, also the amount of carrier bags and boxes that a lot of the general public was carrying around, I think it will promote itself to a certain extent but that doesn't mean that the organisers don't need to work on it. It would be nice to see the building as full as it was in previous times.