Oakley Estate Farms

I thought you would be more onto the Horsch Leeb PT 270 Alex!

Oh i love the booms on the Horsch, a gold medal winner for innovation in my book, very impressive and an impressive price tag, i like the Bateman, nimble, relatively light, great booms, contour and variable geometry works a treat and as Dave says fantastic back up, local to us too. I would say the next RB range they bring out needs to step up a gear with cab and technology as standard to keep this popular machine popular and keep up with competition.

Who will run the plant once it's up and running?

Well Tim that day to day running of the plant will be taken care of by our resident Lithuanian but all crops supplied will be undertaken by us, complete job from drilling to harvest to clamp

• Like 1

15th May 2015

Well half way through the month and things are starting to slow down, all the maize drilling finished on Wednesday with the last block at Yeabridge. Potato planting is down to 2 fields now, 3-4 days should see us wrap that up nicely. Got 50 acres of fodder beet to drill for a nieghbour at some point and then we shall be looking at irrigation. post-2769-0-26135600-1431674547_thumb.jp post-2769-0-25337400-1431674585_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Lovely pics Alex...Planting has been stop start here this year, most had half their crop in before the rain started and didn't know when to stop, with the temperature drop the conditions also weren't as idea as they were 3 weeks ago..

Lovely pics Alex...Planting has been stop start here this year, most had half their crop in before the rain started and didn't know when to stop, with the temperature drop the conditions also weren't as idea as they were 3 weeks ago..

Interesting Brian, over here we have had a very good run, very few days rained off and modest temps, first plantings are just poking through now

Alex,I think your going to like this,ever considered a truck on your fleet,?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEHlDQrbODw

Regards

Joe.

That is what farming is like you have a near endless stream of money! Or so it seems to me anyway. Glad Mr. Michael Horsch is spending the money on developing techniques that other farmers can implement later on or benefit from. So, who is up for an FTF farmer visit to the Horsch farms in Czech?

• Like 1

That is what farming is like you have a near endless stream of money! Or so it seems to me anyway. Glad Mr. Michael Horsch is spending the money on developing techniques that other farmers can implement later on or benefit from. So, who is up for an FTF farmer visit to the Horsch farms in Czech?

Niels,do you know if that tracked trailer transporter is being developed by Horsch,could not find any reference on their site,??

Regards

Joe.

Count me in top of the list!! :) :)

Niels,do you know if that tracked trailer transporter is being developed by Horsch,could not find any reference on their site,??

Regards

Joe.

I maybe wrong here Joe but i think the track unit is made by SLY and put onto different machines, don't quote me on it though

Start of another week so lets get down to business.

Storm of rain this morning saw some maintenance on the power harrow, changing of discs and depth settings on the maize drill ahead of fodder beet. Washed off Orchard's plough before returning it back in good order. Manor Contracting have rocked up in the yard ready for blowing Oakleys 1st cut drilled last september for Orchards AD plant. It has now dried out so we are on drilling fodder beet in Martock and the mowers have moved into 100 acres at Hurcott, hope to blow tues afternoon/wednesday. One more headland of spud planting left and T1 wheat all finished over the weekend. post-2769-0-10496000-1431968371_thumb.jp post-2769-0-55604800-1431968434_thumb.jp post-2769-0-28376300-1431968520_thumb.jp post-2769-0-07256600-1431968597_thumb.jp post-2769-0-20323600-1431968657_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Very nice update Alex, the way you're integrating storylines is excellent, will you be putting Oakleys tractors on the silage trailers?

The weathering on the Fendt looks spot on.

Edited by Jdeere6910
  • Like 1

Very nice update Alex, the way you're integrating storylines is excellent, will you be putting Oakleys tractors on the silage trailers?

The weathering on the Fendt looks spot on.

Thank you for the comment Pat, Oakley has two tractors available for trailers when the fodder beet is drilled which is going to work out very well with 40 acres to drill tomorrow morning they will be ready in the afternoon if we decide to blow, meticulous planning doesn't always go right mind!

@Joe and Alex: Sorry, have to correct you a little there. Horsch was in the news last year with their tracked carriage for trailers. I believe it did say they were investigating to release it in public but that is all I heard. Can't find the news story but am fairly sure it was on Profi's website. The tracks are build by an American firm. I have forgotten the name but have photographed the data plate. Will look it up for you. Sly are just the importers. They also use those tracks under their Titan chaser bin.

• Like 1

Cor you can't miss a week in here with out a bit of catching up. Do you do your own agronomy? if so you must be full time walking the land now hey?

At the moment we don't but we have a team from Frontier Ag since their South West area is based with us. May look into it at some point to gain some independance but at the moment its working well.

Thanks Niels, i knew there was a connection there somewhere. I have read Horsch are looking to put into production sometime this year.

Found it: http://www.profi.de/news/Tiefladermulde-auf-Raupen-1483020.html Does say release planned for 2015. Will be Agritechnica I guess. Here is the manufacturer that builds the tracks: http://www.elmersmfg.com/products/transfer-tracks.html

Oh and in English: http://www.fwi.co.uk/machinery/horsch-trials-clever-rival-to-the-chaser-bin.htm

• Like 2

Found it: http://www.profi.de/news/Tiefladermulde-auf-Raupen-1483020.html Does say release planned for 2015. Will be Agritechnica I guess. Here is the manufacturer that builds the tracks: http://www.elmersmfg.com/products/transfer-tracks.html

Oh and in English: http://www.fwi.co.uk/machinery/horsch-trials-clever-rival-to-the-chaser-bin.htm

Thanks for the info Niels,just what I was looking for,

Regards

Joe.

About to go silaging today at Hurcott, Chris and Webby on trailer duties for the forager, also Manor are mowing at Wigborough. Managed to finish potato planting yesterday which is a relief but its been a good run of weather and apart from troublesome mocap applicators and amistar pumps its been hassle free! post-2769-0-68162400-1432193909_thumb.jp post-2769-0-39969200-1432193963_thumb.jp post-2769-0-33875100-1432194025_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Just want to take this opportunity and wish Alex at oakleys a very happy birthday from all at manor farm and contracting services don't work too hard mind.