Hovis "Farmer's Lad" TV advert.

The advert always makes me smile. It brings back many memories of my childhood days. Days when our lack of experience made us the laughing stock of the other farm workers when we got it wrong...... and how proud we felt when we got it right. The lad in the advert would only have got sprayed once by the Land Rover wheel! It's part of the learning process. For us oldies..... do you remember the first wheelbarrow load you took up the planks on to the dung lump. How many times did you get laughed at when the wheelbarrow ran off the side, followed by you; and you ended up with one welly full of runny cow doo doo's. Mum never thought it was funny! I remember feeding some bullocks in a field in the mid winter. It was very wet around the barn so we decided to feed them where it wasn't so muddy. I came out of the barn carrying a small square bale on my back, only to be spotted by some hungry bullocks who couldn't wait to be fed. I started to run with the bale still on my back and they caught up with me, gave me a shove from behind and by this time I was moving faster tan I could run. Down I went, face first into the mud, some of the bullocks jumping around, tails in the air, bellowing manically, and others eating the hay bale still on my back. I never did live that one down.

Riding on the tailgate of the farm pick up, legs dangling confidently over the back being really cool, and being left sitting on the ground after going through a bumpy gateway, when the baler twine holding the tailgate decided it had had enough.

The incident with the stuck Landy in the advert.......... I'll bet that has happened to many a young lad in some form or another. How many incidents can you remember when you were young. Happy days!

Think everyone is missing the actual shocking part of the advert and that is the father is actually a proper £$£% he give the child the job and when he falls over he doesnt get out to help him up he just looks disapointed... I know at the end of the day he says he did well, but that poor kid would think up till that point that he was useless... The adverts good, just felt sorry for the boys lack of praise, his only about 10 so would pick up on his dads disapointed looks.