Fraserburgh Vintage Vehicle Rally Sunday 3rd June 2012

BC

P1010894.jpg

Next a 1960 French Cub S/N 724,234 similar to my French Cub (with mid mounted mower) which was a March 1957 model with the serial number 709,925. I'm sure this is the same Cub which was present last year or the year before but it had a paint job...I'm not saying too much other than I think it looked better before it had "the paint job"....anyway just my opinion and as I have said a tractor owner can paint their tractor in tartan is they so desire ;D ;D

P1010895.jpg

P1010896.jpg

P1010898.jpg

Next to that was a 1960 International Cub Cadet...if I do buy a sixth tractor that would be the model I would be after....I mean I have 5 sheds in my back garden...I'm sure I could manage a sixth to hold a little baby like this :huh:

P1010897.jpg

Other attractions at the show included the Joseph Peace Fire Stunt Spectacular which well in my opinion wasn't all that spectacular but give credit to him he was brave enough to endure the "Broch" weather with only his frilly gold shorts but the kids seemed to like it and the more they shouted and cheered the more fired up Joseph got ;D ;D

P1010900.jpg

P1010901.jpg

Anyway a You tube link...I'll let you make your own opinion :huh:

Another attraction at the show was the chainsaw wood carving demonstration by the World Championship contending chainsaw wood-carver Peter Bowsher who has attended more years than I can remember..... I once won a Bambi ... ( young roe) carving of his in a raffle for a strip of tickets for £ 5 at the Heritage Centre at Alford in 1999 8) ...I have since purchased tickets at every show I have seen Peter at...but hey ho I was pleased as a pig in the proverbial when I was the lucky winning ticket (unlucky for some) 13 years ago this year ;D ;D

P1010902.jpg

Ok folks we are on the last photos from the show...for many years there has been a Ferguson rebuild ..but as many of you know I don't really see what many folk get all hyped up about ..but hey ho each to ones own....enough chat and the new challenge is how long to rebuilt a Model T Ford and start it...I know after watching it but as a bit of fun....who will be the closest to guess the time it took??

The usual prize (as suggested by Lord Ferguson a while back) is a private viewing of my carrier bag collection...

P1010903.jpg

P1010904.jpg

P1010905.jpg

P1010906.jpg

The last ones from the 21'st Broch Rally and what a another good one it was too...roll on the next one

P1010907.jpg

P1010908.jpg

P1010909.jpg

P1010910.jpg

I don't wish to end on a sad note but this will be the last time the current A2 WEC will be at the Broch rally ..well with me and a trailer and tractor that is

P1010776.jpg

P1010775.jpg

Looks to be a great day had by all Bill your tractors looks really well.

Your A4 looks just as good is it a TDI what kind of milage do you have on it now you keep it really well.

It was a lovely day at the show Robert and is one which gets bigger and better by the year.Yes I like to keep my car like I keep my 4 restored tractors. Its a 2L Sline Special Edition TDi 170 with 60/61k on the clock and will be 5 on 31st July this year. That day she goes back to Aberdeen Audi and will have a loan / demonstrator for the month of August before I take delivery of my new one (hopefully) on 1st September.

When you book in at Fraserburgh you get a envelope with a program and 2 fly cup and buttery or pancake tickets and 2 lunch tickets for a lovely salad lunch and also a mug. It was not until I said to Catherine Gray I must have a fair collection of these and she replied each year a different colour. I had not realised that in the past but she assured me that was the case and they only knew which year was which by writing it on the bottom. Anyway I can only identify the 10th and 20th and the 21st ones...and I have only 20 so I must be missing one and I can't remember ever missing a show.

P1020002.jpg

P1020003.jpg

P1020004.jpg

P1020005.jpg