1/87th Home Farm & Agri Contracts

Valley Axe Man

Finally got round to posting up some pics of the development of Home Farm & Agri contracts, ( my mums own display) taken at various shows (due to the fact it isn't set up that often at home) as the display expanded over the last few years, and will post up future developments :)

The Buildings and scenic materials are all model railway by Hornby and Javis, and the models are a mixture, there are further idea's in the pipeline as time allows.

Edited by Valley Axe Man

The Fleet was mainly Claas based, including a Claas coloured Unimog with John Deere tractors supplying the horses, Although there was a pair of Massey's and a Fendt, One of the Massey's painted Silver to match the Silver Lexion that was the contract harvest team at the time.....

post-3371-0-55153100-1350720335_thumb.jp

post-3371-0-11226200-1350720382_thumb.jp

The other Massey was the contract ploughing tractor with a 5 furrow Lemken,

post-3371-0-53151600-1350720456_thumb.jp

post-3371-0-32735900-1350721434_thumb.jp

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1

That's brilliant Paul,loveing them gull's,how often do you lose them,must be tiny, ;) ;)

Regards

Joe.

You've my mum to thank for this one Joe..... Its all her own handiwork, though you're right about the 'gulls she started with a dozen and i think there only 5 left now :laugh: :laugh:

that looks a great layout paul you have some great models there how big a layout is this one seems a nice scale if limited to room for your layouts ,

Mum says cheers :) The layout in the pics so far Graham is about 3ft deep and 2 1/2 ft wide but there more to come in the next few pics, Mum doubled the size and added another 3ft by 2 1/2ft board, making it 5 x 3 so it doesn't have to take up loads of space ;)

• Like 1

Paul, that's terrific!! Your Mums a dark horse, this should be out at every possibility!! It's great, really great. Until Mandy and Frazer came along 1/87 was the only scale with a decent amount of scenic accessories. Richie, who hasn't been seen for a while admittedly also has a superb 1/87 home based layout complete with railway running through it! I hope Mum can get busy on this again while that flipping kitchen fitter gets back to his job!!

• Like 1

Paul, that's terrific!! Your Mums a dark horse, this should be out at every possibility!! It's great, really great. Until Mandy and Frazer came along 1/87 was the only scale with a decent amount of scenic accessories. Richie, who hasn't been seen for a while admittedly also has a superb 1/87 home based layout complete with railway running through it! I hope Mum can get busy on this again while that flipping kitchen fitter gets back to his job!!

I'll pass your comments on to my mum Tris, but thanks for the comments on her work, there's more to come of existing layout, but since Toytrac she has mentioned another extension so who knows what she has planned, it'll be wait and see i think........ ;)

You hit the nail on the head though, until HLT started to cater for 1/32nd modellers, Railway was the way to go to get a almost anything you wanted :)

post-3371-0-98472300-1350797362_thumb.jp

The Langley kits looked way too fiddely to start to attempt to build so out side help was needed, Damian did a great job on the kits that mum bought and helped her to create the "Vintage Collection" at Home farm, housed in some of the out buildings at the house.

Some more models were bought from Wiking along with some by Siku and a couple more were scratch built with plans to chop up some Oxford majors, to create a county or 2, a roadless, and further ideas of a Doe...............

............. but those plans got put on hold when a theme for further expansion was discovered and board number 3 (3ft x 1ft) became reality :)

• Like 2

The layout now at 6ft x 3ft included a maize field, that was bought in kit form from Model Masters of Weston-super-mare ( about 20 kits in total) each box covered a 4" square so it was a time consuming job to paint the base of each strip, then the corns, and finally to add the flock before glueing into place.

post-3371-0-71730900-1350798410_thumb.jp

post-3371-0-42975200-1350798448_thumb.jp

post-3371-0-65460700-1350798506_thumb.jp

• Like 1

That maize field is bang on!! The whole layout now, with these recent changes and additions is even more brilliant than before. I bet the view from the master bedroom of that wonderful farm house is stunning, Paul.

Mum says Thanks for your comments Tris, although she does say that the maize was unvieled late in 2009, and the layout hasn't really changed much since, there's a few more pics to put up from 2009 and early 2010, but then it didn't see light of day until May of this year, but like mum says there's a few ideas for expansion up her sleeves..... ;) ;)

Really lovely, Paul. But, although model railway is a good source of 1/87 farm models (00 gauge), because the products are mass produced, so often you see the same old pre-made stuff over and over on every layout. Using kits has meant your Mum has created something truly original. Have you every looked at Dapol kits? One of our suppliers sells them and I've been so tempted to stock some of the products.

Really lovely, Paul. But, although model railway is a good source of 1/87 farm models (00 gauge), because the products are mass produced, so often you see the same old pre-made stuff over and over on every layout. Using kits has meant your Mum has created something truly original. Have you every looked at Dapol kits? One of our suppliers sells them and I've been so tempted to stock some of the products.

Mum says thanks Mandy, :) the local railway shop used to have a few Dapol kits but there was never a great choice and never anything that mum though would fit in with her layout, but that said it would be almost 2 years now since there was any work done...... maybe it time mum took another look and see whats available ::)

Not everything goes acording to plan!! ( "I TOLD HIM TO GREASE THOSE UNIVERSAL JOINTS!!!") :laugh: :laugh:

.......and fix it with a hammer!

As said that maize is superb and the rest of the layout looks great.

.......and fix it with a hammer!

As said that maize is superb and the rest of the layout looks great.

Mum says thanks for your comments John :) , maybe soon she'll make a start on the next instalment........... Although when down in the Valley "if in doubt, give it a clout!!" :laugh: :laugh: